FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,569 Posts
Reactions: Haynes

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,569 Posts
Duplicate thread............

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,569 Posts
No ultimate edition, just the gold wheels.......

Reactions: Squawk7700

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,569 Posts
I don't know if this is an omen for the future or not, but the fact Canada gets an almost copy of the Euro "Special Edition", might mean we're done with FJR's up here..... US not getting it might mean you might get another one next year??

Reactions: robertwmeyers

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,569 Posts
There were self-cancelling on older bikes and um... they worked! The high tech ones now seem to miss the mark... the new owner of my FJR didn't want the STS, so we removed it.... I chose not to put it on my current bike.... I still have issues leaving the signals on occasionally but I'm way better at it now. I blame the rather dim indicators on the dash......

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,569 Posts
The STS has a couple of features.... accelerometers to detect lean angle, and will shut off after you make the turn.... times out after I think 20 seconds, which is a very long time (I had my Kisan set at 15). But mainly STS is detecting lean angle..... also has lane change feature, but you should start your signal before you lean at all, then it works... a bit flaky if you happen to be leaning even slightly before a lane change..... so really I'm saying there needed to be a separate accelerometer for that with a different sensitivity....
Kisan was a timer, but hitting the brakes would pause it if you were sitting at a light...... 10 seconds wasn't enough, 15 OK, 20 seconds a bit on the long side.
My Goldwing was 750 feet and...... many times you had to hit the button twice..... My old Magna had a mechanical pendulum affair to detect lean angle and a relay to kick the signals off. It worked pretty well.

Reactions: SunnyRides

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,569 Posts
I really see no logic in Yamaha killing the FJR in non-Euro 5 countries. As long as there is some demand, what does this really cost them? Maybe just make them special order like the old PDP program.
The market is really small in Europe if you take the EU out of the picture... not worth it. Canada/US emissions are the same, yet they give us Canucks an immobilizer and a different colour than the US gets..... otherwise, the same.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,569 Posts
Thatks what I don’t get. Why the color difference and the immobilizer when it goes to the same continent? Wouldn’t it be more cost effective to produce and ship only one variant?
IF I were CEO things would be different...... we also get speedos that are off by 5-7% and metric speedos.... the homologation for Canada has always been a little different than 'Merican.

Reactions: robertwmeyers

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,569 Posts
I buy them from 'Mericans who for some reason don't want them...... one man's junk is another man's treasure, lol.

Reactions: Whooshka and Myfjr
1 - 9 of 9 Posts