FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It seems we are finally done with snow and cold, yes we'll probably get some flurries, but for the most parts, it's warming up, many bikers out today, and the next few days looks promising 馃榾馃憤
Here is my '17ES today, back where it belongs, in the twisties
IMG_20210312_173953.jpg
IMG_20210312_193736.jpg

Registered
Damir
Nice looking ride ,where is that scenery ,can't recognise it from the photo but am sure have travelled it at some time ,started the FJR in the garage ,just wanted to make sure it worked since coming back from the tranny re-call in early january ,the day they delivered the bike back home it was -15 c so didn't want to start ,still have alot of melted snow with all that salt and sand & whatever they put on the streets during winter running across the streets so hoping by next week the streets would be clear ,we should get together and do a ride , really ready to pedal to the metal to make sure that mechanic did a good job.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damir
Nice looking ride ,where is that scenery ,can't recognise it from the photo but am sure have travelled it at some time ,started the FJR in the garage ,just wanted to make sure it worked since coming back from the tranny re-call in early january ,the day they delivered the bike back home it was -15 c so didn't want to start ,still have alot of melted snow with all that salt and sand & whatever they put on the streets during winter running across the streets so hoping by next week the streets would be clear ,we should get together and do a ride , really ready to pedal to the metal to make sure that mechanic did a good job.
Thank you @trini67 , it's Sheep river area, great weather today and the next few days, text if you get out (y)

Registered
Damir, the bike looks great ! Really like the red wheel strips, looks great ! Hope it really runs great for you after the recall work!

We really need some rain to wash the streets off here in NW Indiana, just to much sand and salt, got my 14a out, washed it along with a general going over and a short ride last weekend but the streets are really covered with sand & salt so we need some rain ! enjoy !

Registered
We got good rains here last week so the roads are looking pretty good. The oil got changed right before the end of last season so its ready to go today, spose to be mid 50s F. Im heading down the river road from Minneapolis to, not sure how far. ABS light was flashing yesterday, Im hoping the brake lever lube trick will take care of that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damir, the bike looks great ! Really like the red wheel strips, looks great ! Hope it really runs great for you after the recall work!

We really need some rain to wash the streets off here in NW Indiana, just to much sand and salt, got my 14a out, washed it along with a general going over and a short ride last weekend but the streets are really covered with sand & salt so we need some rain ! enjoy !
Thx Steve (y), 450km post recall ridden with "extra spirit", good as new :)
we barely ever get rain, so have no choice but to get out and then rinse with "Cold water" at the end of the day. Have to be aware of possible icy spots in deep shaded sections of roads, and watch for gravel, but otherwise smooth sailing.

I also love to "baby" my toys but If I wait for the perfect (salt free) conditions I would ride even less during our already short ridding season, I figure it will take 20yrs for the salt to eat through the bike, and then I'll buy another one...like somebody once said; decide what you want to be "bike owner" or "bike rider" ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great riding weather for the last few days,
here's one with "more horse power then one can handle" 馃惔馃惔馃惔馃惔

1 - 9 of 9 Posts