FJR Owners Forum banner

2017 - Mirror Replacement

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnC 
#1 ·
Hi All.
I have read about mirror replacements on the Gen 1 and Gen 2, but wanted to ask about my 2017 mirror that is cracked. I have an older mirror housing/bracket that is scratched up but the mirror is perfect. I wanted to know if by chance if I can just "pop out" the mirror and internal mechanism that allows the tilting and put that in the other mirror bracket? Has anyone done this before? If so, any instructions on how to do this. (FYI, other posts have discussed just heating the mirror in the oven and removing it) Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
I don't know of many who've attempted it, nor been successful..... what colour is the 2017 Canajan FJR? Either look for a used one here or on ebay or consider upgrading to 2001-1005 FZ1 mirrors (EMGO's are much cheaper).

#3 ·
I replaced my oe mirrors with the Emgo FZ1 mirrors, much better, you can actually see behind you ! The buggieness of the fz1’s goes away with time , a little bit ! Check that your stays are not cracked or broken. Also if you go with the Emgo’s look closely at the joints and adjust them so they will stay in place but also fold up easily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.