FJR Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry Guys, I did not know what to call the thread. This is not a small issue at all. Recall number 990141. Yamaha will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, reprogram the ECU and replace the main axle and drive axle assemblies, free of charge. Owners are advised not to operate their motorcycles until the repairs have been performed. since I have lived it once already with my brand new 2019 fjr1300ae. My 2nd gear broke with just over 500 miles on the bike and I was never hard on this bike during the break-in process. Very, very long story short. I just got my bike back after it slept at the dealership for over 4 months with a broken trans. I also learned they just replaced the faulty part with another stock faulty part, so I'm on the recall list with a bike that was just fixed.:surprise: This is a 12-15 hour job at the dealership and your engine is coming apart guys. I have been riding and racing motorcycles for over 45 years and I also collect and restore classic superbikes. The bad news for us guys that just bought new is our resale value will be much lower once any factory sealed case is cracked open. Mine is now destined for a second cracking. Do yourself a big favor and put the right mechanic behind this job as well. I'm very blessed to have a guy with 30 years of this work. Not sure how he is going to appreciate taking my bike apart again after seeing it every day in his shop for 4 months. Please post up your recall journey on this thread. Be nice to see how factory Yamaha is going to treat us all. I did receive some compensation from factory Yamaha as well. 4 months, no bike, I thought it was just of them. Best of luck guys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry. Could one of the mods move this post over to parts and servicing? Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts