FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1661 - 1662 of 1662 Posts

·
Registered
2018 FJR1300ES/2022 FJR1300ES
3,432 Posts
I have tens of thousands of miles on mine, post recall. Both the transmission and ecu reflash were done.

There was zero perceptible change to performance anywhere in the useful operating range. I think there may have been a problem with the implementation of your reflash.

I have an fjr with the initial recall reflash, and an fjr with whatever the latest, greatest ecu map is (2022 model). Both continue to run and perform great.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have tens of thousands of miles on mine, post recall. Both the transmission and ecu reflash were done.

There was zero perceptible change to performance anywhere in the useful operating range. I think there may have been a problem with the implementation of your reflash.

I have an fjr with the initial recall reflash, and an fjr with whatever the latest, greatest ecu map is (2022 model). Both continue to run and perform great.
Bill if your referring to post, I don’t as exactly the same problem affected all our, I believe 2018 police bikes, I also think from what I have observed that the North American flash was different to what we got in Europe certainly the UK. My bike was that bad, I have a very small incline/ramp to my garage and always had to give in a few revs in first just to get it up over a couple of inches etc and I could feel engine hit limit with out trying and that was around the 3,650 3,700 rpm indicated…

1661 - 1662 of 1662 Posts