FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1481 - 1500 of 1525 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
That most definitely is a drill bit, probably being used as a plug or maybe as an alignment tool, hope it was well cleaned before using it here. Pretty common use of a drill bit though.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Seems like this thread has died, which is probably a good thing. Just a little follow up and a couple of thoughts.

I have about 600 miles on my post recall. I would guess if I was going to have a serious issue it would be by now.

I don’t know if it’s it my head but the bike seems to be a bit more “buzzy” at 75-80mph now ? With winter storage I didn’t ride the bike this spring other than to the dealer for the recall. I don’t know what would’ve made it more buzzy but now it’s in my head.

One more thought and a shout out the forum. I bought the bike used with 2,500 miles on it and didn’t know anything about changing the VIN into my name. Lots of guys said the NHSTB and my state DOT would notify me of the recall because it was a safety issue but neither of them did. If it wasn’t for the forum I wouldn’t have known anything about the recall and maybe my bike being buzzy wouldn’t be in my head 😳 At any rate I learned something about transferring the VIN and would encourage anyone that isn’t the original owner to make sure they do.

·
Registered
2016 FJR1300 ES
327 Posts
I don’t know if it’s it my head but the bike seems to be a bit more “buzzy” at 75-80mph now ?

If it wasn’t for the forum I wouldn’t have known anything about the recall and maybe my bike being buzzy wouldn’t be in my head 😳 At any rate I learned something about transferring the VIN and would encourage anyone that isn’t the original owner to make sure they do.
I have about 1,000 miles post surgery on mine now and it feels exactly like before. Great shifting, great acceleration, great fun!

I also bought 2nd hand, and only learned about the recall from the forum. Could you provide a link to how to transfer the VIN - I don't recall reading this, although I have studied this tread for a while. Maybe I missed it...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have about 1,000 miles post surgery on mine now and it feels exactly like before. Great shifting, great acceleration, great fun!

I also bought 2nd hand, and only learned about the recall from the forum. Could you provide a link to how to transfer the VIN - I don't recall reading this, although I have studied this tread for a while. Maybe I missed it...
Your dealer should be able to transfer the VIN to your name-although it took a call from Mamma Yamaha to my dealer to do the transfer because my dealer didn’t understand the process

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
What Griff said. Although the dealer may ask you to go in show proof the bike is registered in your name. At least mine did.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've rolled over 2,000 kms since getting the recall work done on my '19.
It feels just like the bike I took in for recall repairs.
(I desperately need to do that R1 shifter mod).

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Reactions: Phatdad

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've put almost 7,000 kilometers on my FJR since having the recall performed and I am pleased to report that the transmission is working wonderfully. I would have ridden it more but I can't seem to ignore my Super Tenere: I've put 5,400 kilometers on it this spring.😁😁

Haynes

·
Registered
2020 FJR1300ES
31 Posts
Still waiting on parts for mine to go into the shop... UGH
Well at least they hadn't torn it apart already like they did mine.
My kit was missing some "key parts" so I was without my bike for a month. ☹
3,000 miles since the procedure and still shifting great.

·
Registered
'16 FJR 1300, '98 Shadow VT1100T
62 Posts
Carbide - ya.. I'm waiting for the news of 'oh we needed or order this part' WHILE they have the motorcycle and it taking forever to return. As it is, they said it would be at the shop for a week, OR Two without any issues.

·
Registered
325 Posts
No recall on my 2016 except for the brake switch that I still haven’t gotten done.

·
Registered
2016 FJR1300 ES
327 Posts
Think this is the first 16 I’ve heard of that wasn’t part of the recall 🤔
Maybe he's got a 2015 bought in 2016 :) If it's a six speed, I would think a recall is in place...

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
No recall on my 2016 except for the brake switch that I still haven’t gotten done.
Are you sure it's a '16? 6 speed?

1481 - 1500 of 1525 Posts