FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,084 Posts
Not sure freddie, I remember reading when they first came out there was a small notch you need to cut out on the underside (hidden) of the fairing.... maybe somebody's got the instructions.....

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like they bolt right up on the gen III

Before pulling Tupperware off trying to figure out if I will need longer bolts or spacers. Doesnt look it it but Cant find any posts or instructions online

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,830 Posts

Post 10

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok

I see know I am missing a few spacers and unique insert style aluminum washers. Anyone know if the stock bolts will fit or do I also need longer frame bolts?

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,830 Posts
Ok

I see know I am missing a few spacers and unique insert style aluminum washers. Anyone know if the stock bolts will fit or do I also need longer frame bolts?
Did you look at the instructions? You can see size and quantity of provided hardware. I'd assume stock bolts are too short since the provide new/longer ones. (4 m12x70)

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,084 Posts
The M12's are to replace the original engine mount bolts, are a fine thread... use anti-seize on these as they tend to corrode, and reduce torque 30%. You can go longer if you like (80mm), there's room in behind for extra thread...

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,830 Posts
Also, it helps if you loosen up the pinch bolt that is around the spacer on the right side. You need a short allen bit and a wrench to turn it with since there is not much clearance with the tupperware on.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,084 Posts
The pinch bolt is set at factory to adjust that sleeve to any variation in the width of engine vs. frame. Shouldn't have to loosen it unless you're putting in a new engine..... however, won't hurt.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,830 Posts
Makes it easier not to strip the right side bolt by letting the spacer spin

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great

I couldnt see this detail on my phone

Thank you so much

M12 X 70 or 80m

Now just need spacers and shoulder washers to complete

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dealer doesnt sell spacers or bolts for OEM sliders. Must buy whole kit. Went to hardware store and bought M12 70m 1.25 fine thread. Add spacers and all good.

Thank you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts