Fjrowners.com banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,772 Posts
Gen3/4 all you have to do is remove the forward instrument cluster panel, which is one big panel containing the headlight adjusters... I think 4 screws. Battery and glove box panels stay in place.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm a little confused. Since I have a Gen2, I have to remove 4 panels to access the mirror mounts. Are you saying you only had to remove 2?
I only had to remove one. The one surrounding the instrument cluster that goes all the way from the left to the right.

The side panels did NOT have to be removed. I did have to open the glove compartment lid in order to slide the large panel out. On the side panels, you DO have to remove the front plastic push in pin, as that connects the main top wraparound panel to the side panels on each side.

As far as a 4th panel?
Funny you mention that, when I actually looked at the plastics it seemed to me that there might be a missing panel at the very top - as there is an open space there - and it seems "unfinished". Not really noticeable when on the bike, but only when looking up into the area from tank level.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts