FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I was able to get out and pay closer attention to the issue. In 1st and 2nd, i stop twisting the grip at above 3000 rpm and the bike will accelerate on its own up to about 4500 rpm. Below 3000 and about 4500, i still have good throttle reponse.
In 3rd gear i put CC on and was able to increase mph steadily in 1 mph increments from 30 mph on up. But i was also able to do this manually with the grip. The surging doesn't seem to be an issue in 3rd 4th or 5th gear.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Is the FJR a ride-by-wire or could there be a kinked/binding throttle cable?

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,272 Posts
2013-up is throttle by wire....... but there are throttle cables controlling the input (right end of throttle bodies) to ECU.... ECU controls the signals going to the servo stepper motor between the two pairs of throttle bodies......
Interesting it's not in the upper gears...... so the issue is 1st and 2nd only? Could it be as simple as giving the gear indicator switch a good cleaning?
I am bewildered why the APS would be selective in its behaviour due to gear selection...... thinking it would act up regardless of gear.
Note on Intake2 parts diagram, item 19 is a switch in that same vicinity, that is the "grip cancel switch", which I assume is to kill cruise when you roll off throttle to zero. Should have no effect on this issue.
The mystery continues....

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
OK I gotta expose my ignorance here. I was hoping somebody would have mentioned it but what is the APS? I know TPS is Throttle Position Sensor.

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,272 Posts
Accelerator Position Sensor...... looks similar to a TPS externally.

Reactions: Whooshka
21 - 26 of 26 Posts