FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 FJR Blue Beauty, 2014 FJR Redhead, +++
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought a 2012 FJR with front end damage. Needed some specific parts that have worked out very well. Also, some people here have been able to get some parts much less expensive than new.

Have complete engine for sale. $850 + shipping from Los Angeles. Offering it here before posting on Craigslist.

Do not know bike's miles as instrument unit was damaged, but bike appears it had very little use and was well cared for:
  • Blackstone oil analysis said, “There aren't any signs of poor wear or mechanical trouble in the levels or the balance of wear metals. In addition to the good news about the engine's condition, the oil is physically fine…”
  • Michelin Road 5 rear tire is barely worn
  • Custom exhausts are matched with a Power Commander V
  • Brakes and rotors are in excellent condition
  • Brake fluid is very clear, meaning low mileage or careful maintenance
  • Fuel pump looks fresh with no discoloration of plastic
  • No signs of extensive wear or grime build up on any parts of the bike.
Suggest you PM me for photos and copy of full Blackstone oil analysis.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
9,323 Posts
If it helps, that engine will fit 2003-2015, but not an AE (auto clutch). The basic engine is the same for the 5 speeds. Some minor conversion of electrics (a little parts swapping from the old blown engine) to this one. I have done one swap cross-Gen and can give you some guidance for your buyer if he/she is putting it in a Gen1 or Gen3. Nothing needed for Gen2.

Reactions: TooManyBikes

·
Registered
2012 FJR Blue Beauty, 2014 FJR Redhead, +++
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RaYzerman Thanks for this information, as well as offering to guide an installation. You certainly speak from experience!

Your information that will fit Gen 1 bikes too, is quite helpful since the engine had all the bugs worked out and was quite refined by 2012.

For people having throttle problems, the complete 2012 fuel injection system (with or without the ECU) can be purchased also with the engine now or as a separate item once the engine buyer has had a chance.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
9,323 Posts
I just remembered the neutral switch/shift indicator on a Gen1 is at the rear of the engine, and may not be compatible with the Gen2 which has the neutral switch/shift indicator on the side, however, I think that can be overcome. The ignition pickup and TB's must come from the old Gen1 engine, as well as the coolant pipe. Must keep the Gen1 ECU. The stator wires will have to be extended to reach the Gen1 voltage regulator location up front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts