FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Chuck, love the pictures ! That 07 maroon (?) is just stunning, I will never understand why Yamaha hasn’t put it on more years ! Really got my motor running when that came out in 07, and it is red (sorta) so it’s gotta be one of the very fastest !
Yeah, I love the color too - which is why I bought an 07. I'm a little embarrassed to say that I decided which year bikes I was looking for based on the color that I liked best ;)

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Chuck, wishi could say that did anything different ! I liked the FJR when it cameour but when the 07 came out that maroon really got me going but my wife wasn’t so agreeable. But she had decided maybe the bike thing wasn’t just a passing fad and decided if I was going to tour after 2 trips to n-hampshire to see my son 1000mi away that maybe I needed something newer and more reliable that the 86 gl1200 Sei I was riding,

Fortunately the fastest color red 14’s were out and I really, really liked that red! (As much as the 07’s) I did wait until the 15’s came out because I had been lurking here some at that time and rumors of a major update to a 1500cc, 6 spd were rife here. When the 15’s were announced and were just a color change I got busy sourcing my 14a, gotta keep the wife happy, right ? And I have a well documented red fixation.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
The r-gaza luggage bars showed up today. Nicely built and a 10 minute install. 3 days from Russia. 905 still can't manage to get me the bars I ordered from them 6 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300AS
53 Posts
Just wondering.. Where are the graphics? This is supposed to have stripes on the sides and on the tank. Was the bike repainted?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Just wondering.. Where are the graphics? This is supposed to have stripes on the sides and on the tank. Was the bike repainted?
Only some of them have the big stripes. I've only ever seen maybe 2.

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300AS
53 Posts
Only some of them have the big stripes. I've only ever seen maybe 2.
AFAIK, all color variations had stripes before the 08 came along. I have a 2007 AS with the same color as yours, and it has stripes. I have never seen a 07 without graphics before. Well, technically, now I have, but before this :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Google 2007 fjr1300 and see how many you see with stripes. Maybe they are common in other countries, but here in the US I have seen very few.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yup, OJ is on to it. Europe and Canada got different variants than the U.S. Along with color and graphics you also rarely see the mirror and foot guards here also although we always got the bag liners.

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,405 Posts
There were no stripes on any US or Canadian......... do you have some pics randomdude?

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300AS
53 Posts
I have the EU model, so don't know about the US version, but this is my 07 in the same color... with stripes.

Also, this is a snapshot from the official yamaha website (the original is no longer available). It had a model history page dedicated to the FJR.

Maybe it only considers EU versions, but this color only came with stripes, according to this article. Granted, there are a lot of bikes out there without them, so go figure. As a wise man once said - "Perhaps the archives are incomplete." which in this case might actually be true :)

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,405 Posts
There was a set of those side stripes available here at one time (I think Premier Cycle, but they are out of business now), looked identical. I see now where they got the idea...........

Reactions: randomdude41197

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I've seen a couple in the US, but maybe they either ordered European stickers or some sort of aftermarket.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 · (Edited)
Shakedown run complete. I've got about 800 miles on the fjr since I bought it a month ago. Only concern I have is my right hand going numb. Bars have too much pullback for me, but nothing to do about that now since it has the heliriser tree that eliminated the rotational adjustment. Will get it loaded tonight, check the tire pressure and at 3pm tomorrow hit the road for a few days.

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,405 Posts
If you remove one of the little roll pins in the bottom of the handlebar, you should be able to rotate them somewhat......

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Shakedown run complete. I've got about 800 miles on the fjr since I bought it a month ago. Only concern I have is my right hand going numb. Bars have too much pullback for me, but nothing to do about that now since it has the heliriser tree that eliminated the rotational adjustment.
Chuck,

Numbness in the hands or wrists will usually be vibrational, more than positional, for the FJR. Try keeping your weight off the handgrips, as much as possible. You can add foam grips, the correct (for you) padded gloves, bar end weights (either heavier or lighter),and maybe a Throttle Body Sync (when time/money permits). First thing, before anything else, would be to run a can of Seafoam (or other good fuel injector cleaner) through the gas tank, mixed per label specs. Seafoam is magic stuff, but it is not instant magic. The situation should be better, before the Seafoam is finished.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Chuck,

Numbness in the hands or wrists will usually be vibrational, more than positional, for the FJR. Try keeping your weight off the handgrips, as much as possible. You can add foam grips, the correct (for you) padded gloves, bar end weights (either heavier or lighter),and maybe a Throttle Body Sync (when time/money permits). First thing, before anything else, would be to run a can of Seafoam (or other good fuel injector cleaner) through the gas tank, mixed per label specs. Seafoam is magic stuff, but it is not instant magic. The situation should be better, before the Seafoam is finished.
I've got grip puppies and the bike doesn't vibrate. I had this same issue on my FZ1 before I replaced the bars with some that were not swept back as far. It's part of an ulnar nerve issue that I have. For now I'll have to just deal with it since I've got no time to come up with an alternate solution.

Ultimately I think I will do something like this: (1) My handle bar repositioning project | FJR Owners Forum

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
If you remove one of the little roll pins in the bottom of the handlebar, you should be able to rotate them somewhat......
Not understanding - the bars are positioned by the 2 bolts that hold each on on and the helibar tree only has a forward and aft position. The little pegs don't really do anything with their setup.

·
Premium Member
CBF1000 VFR800
8,405 Posts
Not understanding - the bars are positioned by the 2 bolts that hold each on on and the helibar tree only has a forward and aft position. The little pegs don't really do anything with their setup.
OK gotcha, no slots to move around in.... the latest Helibar plate will allow quite a bit of rotation if another solution doesn't arise.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
OK gotcha, no slots to move around in.... the latest Helibar plate will allow quite a bit of rotation if another solution doesn't arise.
The new plate looks a lot better than their tree replacement. I got the original Yamaha tree with the bike, so that plate is a possibility in the future if I can't figure out something with the tree that is on it

61 - 80 of 98 Posts