FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a lot of great info on this site and wanted to offer something back.
This related to modifications for my 2007 FJR1300A; in particular:
  • Mounting a GoPro
  • Mounting a phone holder
  • Installing an air horn, Denali split sound bomb (had on my STriple and sounds great)
I have now done these and shared some pics attached.
  • The GoPro holder is self explanatory, but the fittings are readily available. Not too much vibration.
  • The phone holder may look cheap, but is so simple, and cheap. Removed the handle bar cover plates and with the same allen screws, screwed in a piece of 22.5mm copper tube. It's a prototype, a work-in-progress, but it works. Not sure how dissimilar metals will react but will keep an eye on that.
  • Replaced the 2 stock horns with some dual tone horns. At same time ran a parallel wire (+ve and -ve) from one of the horns to trigger a 30A fused relay switch under the seat. See pics. The power to the relay and compressor is direct from the battery (the air horn compressor pulls 20A so didn't want that through the 15A bike circuit). The compressor is suspended to prevent rattling, also under the seat. The hose then runs down to the only practical-ish place for the horn. Sounds like a train; slight lag on the air horn; could shorten the hose.
Hope this is of some interest.
p.s. why is the horn and windshield fuse called "signal" in the fuse box?

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
For my phone mount, I'm using something like this. It came with the bike and was just the nut with a hole drilled and tapped in it.

I bought the TechGripper and hacked the base of it to mount on the nut.

I definitely want a new horn. I miss the train horn from my K1200.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.