FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, if my contact in a dealership is true to his word I'll get a CD Rom and we'll have a free copy yipee!

Nova :wink:

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you get this cd I have enough place to store it on my webserver.
I would be more than happy to make it avalaible on the net.
Let me know
:wink:

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I wish they'd come out with an "in-between" service manual. Something that dealt with more than the owner's manual but stopped short of the full on, split the cases, rebuild the whole danged engine type manual. Or maybe sell it by section? There's a lot I can do by myself like steering head, wheels, brakes, suspension, TBS and such but most of the other stuff I'd be going to the dealer (Maxey's here in OKC has a top service dept, lucky me).

·
Registered
632 Posts
harold said:
Let me know
Me too.

Let me know

Alan

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have seen the Manual and it's 32 Meg in size.

The clutchless addition is 8 Meg more....

:twisted:

·
Registered
122 Posts
harold said:
Let me know
Please let me know, I too can make it available online through a reliable, high-speed connection for easy download.

·
Registered
122 Posts
novawing said:
Cheers, if my contact in a dealership is true to his word I'll get a CD Rom and we'll have a free copy yipee!
Nova :wink:
Can anyone please help explain the differences b/w these 2006 FJR1300 models. Its pretty hard to try to find a service manual when you don't know which model bike you have. My FJR is 2006 1300A - Euro Spec

http://www.yamahapubs.com/html/itemsearch.jsp?type=MC&Year=2006&Brand=FJR1300&model=&x=53&y=9

FJR1300..............Manual Type.........Part Number...................Price
FJR13AEV..............Owner....................LIT-11626-19-84..............$30.00
FJR13AEV..............Service...................LIT-11616-19-83..............$60.00
FJR13AEVC............Owner....................LIT-11626-19-84..............$30.00
FJR13AEVC............Service...................LIT-11616-19-83..............$60.00
FJR13AV................Owner....................LIT-11626-19-83..............$30.00
FJR13AV................Service...................LIT-11616-19-83..............$60.00
FJR13AV(C)...........Owner....................LIT-11626-19-83..............$30.00
FJR13AV(C)...........Service....................LIT-11616-19-83..............$60.00

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Making a semi educated guess that
1) Anything with an E in it is the electronic clutch
and
2) Anything with a C in it is a California specific model
and
3) the part numbers you quote are from an American website

the normal US spec model designed for people with two good hands :wink: is therefore the FJR13AV.

But I could well be wrong. :lol:

·
Registered
122 Posts
marshman said:
Making a semi educated guess that
1) Anything with an E in it is the electronic clutch
and
2) Anything with a C in it is a California specific model
and
3) the part numbers you quote are from an American website

the normal US spec model designed for people with two good hands :wink: is therefore the FJR13AV.
But I could well be wrong. :lol:
marshman thanks, as with most things once someone explains the logic things suddenly start to make sense. Just picking up on your other point, i.e. these are the US spec manuals, and my bike is a Euro spec. What do all you guys living outside the US and with non-US spec bikes do for owners & service manuals, I mean is there an equivalent site that sells the Euro spec manuals?

·
Registered
60 Posts
JamesK said:
.... Just picking up on your other point, i.e. these are the US spec manuals, and my bike is a Euro spec. What do all you guys living outside the US and with non-US spec bikes do for owners & service manuals, I mean is there an equivalent site that sells the Euro spec manuals?
Also for the 03, I saw different NA, Euro, and Oceania spec "wiring diagrams". Does this mean that there are 3 seperate types of manuals or just seperate wiring diagrams ( NA, Euro and Oceania) ?

·
Registered
60 Posts
[/quote]
marshman thanks, as with most things once someone explains the logic things suddenly start to make sense. Just picking up on your other point, i.e. these are the US spec manuals, and my bike is a Euro spec. What do all you guys living outside the US and with non-US spec bikes do for owners & service manuals, I mean is there an equivalent site that sells the Euro spec manuals?[/quote]

I believe Canadian models are Euro spec. I bought a service manual for my 06, part #3P6281972000, cost me $110CAD.

·
Registered
60 Posts
FJRPierre said:
Dwavey said:
I believe Canadian models are Euro spec. I bought a service manual for my 06, part #3P6281972000, cost me $110CAD.
That can't be right can it?
I hear your gasp. It's what the mamayamacanada MSRP is, big difference from US prices just like everything else mamayamacanada :x I would have bought one from the US if ours weren't Euro specs, although on second thought, I'm not sure the differences would mean that much for a putterer like me who leaves the big stuff to my dealer tech.

Maybe your dealer will sell for less.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dwavey said:
I hear your gasp. It's what the mamayamacanada MSRP is, big difference from US prices just like everything else mamayamacanada :x I would have bought one from the US if ours weren't Euro specs, although on second thought, I'm not sure the differences would mean that much for a putterer like me who leaves the big stuff to my dealer tech.Maybe your dealer will sell for less.
My gasp was not at the price but at the notion that our (Cdn) bikes were Euro spec.

What does Euro spec really mean really since there is a wide disparity amonst EU countries; apparently French bikes have some engine HP limiter; English bikes have different headlight adjustments; all have different safety reflector/hazard/running light requirements.

I still don't think that Cdn bikes are Euro spec

·
Registered
60 Posts
[/quote]

My gasp was not at the price but at the notion that our (Cdn) bikes were Euro spec.

What does Euro spec really mean really since there is a wide disparity amonst EU countries; apparently French bikes have some engine HP limiter; English bikes have different headlight adjustments; all have different safety reflector/hazard/running light requirements.

I still don't think that Cdn bikes are Euro spec[/quote]

That's what a local dealer told me, the just over 200 or so that are imported to Canada are set up the same as the ones destined for Europe, ie., info display, speedo, lean tuning to meet EEC standards, etc. IIRC, I think he said the big difference between US and rest of the world models is the emissions standards - one for the US and one for everywhere else, maybe that's why some Aussies are saying they're finding their bikes are set up to meet Euro 111 specs. Safety reflectors and lighting and such are a minor thing and are done here to meet Transport Canada regulations; used to be that way for a lot of Asian import cars too, don't know if it still is.

Maybe I've been given bad info but frankly, I don't know that it's such a big deal anyway.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts