FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some of the improvements to the 2006 FJR versus the 2005. I am thinking about a purchase - but not decided if to go with a new 2006 versus a low mileage 2005.

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I am new to the forum. How big an issue is the heat buildup which was apparently corrected in the 2006 version?

·
Registered
110 Posts
My 2005 FJR got very very hot between the legs, especially when the tank was half full or below very noticable in 85 degree weather and above. The 2006 has many refinements worth having. If you already had one I'd say keep what you had maybe. Depending on the deal your getting it might make a difference. If there is no pressure on the finances I'd say get a 2006.

Mel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is one available in Texas I am looking at - it has 4,800 miles and he is asking $10,000 versus a new one - what do you think?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Joey1958 said:
There is one available in Texas I am looking at - it has 4,800 miles and he is asking $10,000 versus a new one - what do you think?
IMHO, I would spring for a new '06. The changes yami made are worth the extra $$$. :mrgreen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts