FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone heard if the 06 suspension has been upgraded from the previous semi poor quality stuff? If I get a new bike I'm trying to figure what changes I'll have to make to get back to the quality I currently have. I hate the thought of spending on the same farkles. Why can't they install ohlins since Yamaha owns ohlins. You'd think we could get a break on the price. Hey, maybe a group buy from Yamaha on Ohlins parts. 8)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Am I the lamest woosy rider on this forum or what?? I know the early FJR rear ends were a bit soft and this was improved in my model ( 03) But I can't really complain about it at all and it gets a fair workout. I couldn't justify paying out for a rear suspension upgrade for something I can hammer up through the hills like a man possessed on a Sunday morn and then load up to the shithouse with the co-pilot and all her crap in the trailer and only have to flick the black lever across...

So am I not riding her hard enough or are you guys trying to enter into a new class called touring/motoGP.... hmm.. nice idea :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Take the farkles off your old FJR and plan on using them on the 06. If they fit then you are not out any more $$$. Just your labor. If they don't fit, sell them to someone else. That will help out on the price of the new farkles you have to buy. That is what I'm doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts