FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems some folks are of the belief they can wander into their local dealership and simply exchange $$$ for a new 2006 FJR, bypassing the Priority Delivery Program. My local dealer says that is NOT the case! According to him, $500 before Dec. 31 gets you on the list. Otherwise you get the luck of the draw...most probably OuGaatts!!! aka, "what Patty shot at". Any input on this bit of trivia??? :?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the issue! A friend in Minnesota was all geared up to purchase a 2006 this spring. Had he not heard through the grapevine that PDP was apparantly alive and well, he would have been S.O.L. for a motorcycle for this year (well, actually 2006 is NEXT year technically, but you see the point). Needless to say, $500 made it out of the bank quick smart and he'll be at his Yamaha dealer day after tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
I had to ask my dealer about it too. Pretty confusing that they haven't mentioned it on their website. I can understand why someone wanting their first FJR may not have signed up for one yet, they just don't know they have to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer had so many 2005s on the floor, the sales kids didn't even know about the PDP program. If I want an 2006, I am willing to bet there are 06's on the floor again this year. I felt bad hearing about waiters when I could go sit on ABS and non-ABS FJR at will.

·
Registered
19 Posts
06's

Amain
I would assume :roll: yes I know what it means, they would just keep selling them til there all gone just like the 05's because they had two PDP's or maybe Yammy will just make whats ordered so they dont have problems but its all a big GUESS?
rogerfjrfaster :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Acmemfg said:
Seems some folks are of the belief they can wander into their local dealership and simply exchange $$$ for a new 2006 FJR, bypassing the Priority Delivery Program. My local dealer says that is NOT the case! According to him, $500 before Dec. 31 gets you on the list. Otherwise you get the luck of the draw...most probably OuGaatts!!! aka, "what Patty shot at". Any input on this bit of trivia??? :?
They can't???? This is America isn't it. Some dealers order in their family and friends name and guess what?? High bidder who "walks" in the door gets one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts