FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us that have had these installed on our 06's Yamaha has not yet made a kit for us. The dealers are using the 03-05 kit and it looks like crap on the 06. I just found this out today after going round and round with my dealer over the look of the install and after I have seen pictures of the install on the 1300ae which comes stock with the heated grips. Hopefully they will be ordering the correct kit and doing a proper install. Everett

·
Registered
32 Posts
I too wanted heated grips for my 06. The dealership here in Fort Collins Colorado only had parts available for the 05. (just the same as you described)

Does anyone know if the knockout on the left fairing below the glove box is for the heated grips?

The dealership also stated that previous customers had so many problems with the Yamaha heated grips he was suggesting that I not purchase.

WHO HAS THE SKINNY?

·
Registered
239 Posts
rockmurf said:
The dealers are using the 03-05 kit and it looks like crap on the 06. I just found this out today after going round and round with my dealer over the look of the install and after I have seen pictures of the install on the 1300ae which comes stock with the heated grips. Hopefully they will be ordering the correct kit and doing a proper install. Everett
What looked like crap? Got any pics? Did you ever find out if an '06 kit became available? If so, do you have the p/n?

Thnx, Mike

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heated grips on 06 fjr yamaha brand

Just look for the pics of the ae model. The controller on the 06's is mounted in the cut out on the black plastic next to the storage box instead of being mounted off of the clutch resevoir, and the electric cables are run inside the grips instead of outside. As far as I know the 06 kits for the a model are not available yet but my dealer finally removed the old kit and issued me a refund. Also the 06 kit plugs into the harness, there is already a spot for it. Hope this helps. If you want heated grips and cannot wait for the 06 factory get aftermarket, they are a lot cheaper and there are creative ways to install listed on internet. Everett

·
Registered
239 Posts
Re: heated grips on 06 fjr yamaha brand

rockmurf said:
Also the 06 kit plugs into the harness, there is already a spot for it. Hope this helps. Everett
You bet it does. Maybe if enough of us beat on the dealers we can get this ball rolling. I'm kinda used to mfg delays being a Ducati guy, but I kinda expected the mammoth Jap corps to be a little more punctual with their accessory offerings. Oh well, thnx again, Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts