FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have it on good authority that the 2006 FJR1300 in Australia will be released Monday 20 Mar 06

·
Registered
949 Posts
Two weeks ago I spoke to a couple of people in different Yamaha dealerships in the Brisbane area regarding the 06 FJR. The common thread was that Yamaha Australia was not telling anybody anything so no one knew if they were even in the country at that stage. It won't be long though - there are some well discounted new 05 models on offer around the dealerships. Looks like a bit of marketing wind up prior to open release in Australia.

Lenz

·
Registered
307 Posts
Last time I spoke with my yamaha dealer he told me that the bike was due for Australian release in April. When I was at the WSBK, 2 weeks ago, they had the 06 FJR on display and the sign at the stand said due for June 2006 release. You work it out.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Had a hopeful look around Pro Yamaha in Underwood Brisbane again this morning. Looks like the last 05 FJR in stock is sold and its mid April before they get the 06 FJR. Didn't ask about about the 06 FZ1 but it can't be too far behind the FJR. They've also got a few new MT01's around $AUD18500 or less depending on the haggling skills.

Lenz

·
Registered
6 Posts
06 fjr in australia

cant understandd all this confusion about arrival dates for the 06 fjr. last week i rang one sydney dealer-who sells only yammies and one other brand-to be told:i have no idea mate, we"re waiting for the distrubitor to let us know. another dealer-should be here in two weeks. third dealer-we have one being readied as a demo. two days later i rode to the shop-epecting not to see the alleged demo-and lo and behold! there it is at the curb-a blue and silver one. inside my excited eyes spied a gold-coloured one(they call it desert metallic). after a test ride(i did ride a o3 model aroub d the block a while ago) and some wrangling with the salesman i traded my 2000 bandit 1200 in and am now waiting for my funds to clear so i can pick up the fjr on wed 23. so i cant comprehend these dealers having no idea of an eta-probably want to get rid of their 05 stock 3 more sleeps!

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
@newton - great choice of colour. Will you be at the State of Origin meet so we can all go green with envy?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just another great marketing exercise from yamaha Australia. I guess it is like their response to the valve problem, 'What problem is that".

·
Registered
949 Posts
At last the 06 FJRs are in SE Queensland Australia at Pro Yamaha Underwood / Springwood Brisbane. An 06A in desert metallic is on the floor but sold already. More are ordered. No demos are available for test runs yet. A very brief park on the bike and the riding position and seat feel improved and very comfortable. Fine tuning the ergos with the adjustments should allow a great fit for me. (5'10" short legs long back)Throttle is still heavy. Just feeling the weight when moving it at rest from side to side it does feel a little heavier than earlier models but I don't believe it's going to be an issue.

The gearbox selects smoothly and cleanly. The fairing is firmly mounted with little flex / movement at the edges or possibility of vibration or rattles under way. Screen height and mid range angle should be right on the money. Overall the bike is very tidy, functional and well finished. From my very superficial assessment the bike looks great, ergos right with a very stable feel to it. I'm looking forward to a test ride as soon as I can organise it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
It's here! It's here.....no more waiting...no more looking at pictures!
I'm going to Pro-Yamaha tomorrow to have a look for myself. All this extra waiting in anticipation has realy created some interest with enthusiast around the country. I realy believe all the Brisbane Yamaha dealers are so sick of me asking the same questions every week....they released it just to shut me the hell up for good I recon.

Better polish up the old girl for a trade-in time is here!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
lenz said:
....... A very brief park on the bike and the riding position and seat feel improved and very comfortable. Fine tuning the ergos with the adjustments should allow a great fit for me. (5'10" short legs long back)"........
Thats great news. I am the same size. It will be very cool if the stock bike fits me :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts