FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told by the Yamaha Tribe Administrator that the 2006 FJR1300 was at the Sydney Motorcycle Show and will be at the Gathering in Melbourne on the 3-4 Dec 05.

Might have to zip over and have a look. :wink:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Maybe I'll come too.. Can you chuck us a rope to tie onto the Malvern Star. It's the only friggin bike I've ridden in 2½ months thanks to Mr Yamaha's inventory mismanagement system.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
By all means go see it. The blue is not the same blue as last year and is really nice looking (as was the old blue). I like the way it sits and looks. The dash is nice, a good all 'round improvement. But what I REALLY wanted to do was have a go on the e-shift model.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
You can take a look at the other colours while you are there too :wink:

·
Registered
361 Posts
@ Kymbo,

Are you taking a camera mate? I can't join you...I'll be in Darwin.

If you can....Please take a piccie of the "Goldy" colour for me. I thinks me likes it!! :D Hhhhhhhmmmm GOLD !!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not going now I am going to work Sat night. Why not they doubled the wages.

Oh well I'll see one soon enough.

·
Registered
599 Posts
2006 FJR in Australia

Hi guys. Had a look at the new model at the Tribe gathering yesterday, & frankly, I wasn't particularly impressed.
I thought the mirrors & screen look cheap & of poor quality, the tail rack looks like it hasn't been pressed out properly, & the fairing seems poorly finished compared with the current model. It has a cheap, flimsy radiator guard fitted, which doesn't look like it's up to the job.
Anyone else get to see it & what did you think ?

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
gainsi: All I can say is that must have been looking at something entirely different than what I saw. And remember, the show bikes are pre-production machines so their finish may not be up to par yet. Even so, I thought the machine on display here was a click up on the current model, good improvements all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts