FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the call from my dealer. The 2006 fjrs just started shipping. My dealer in NJ is one of the biggest on the east coast. They told me I should be able to pick-up on 4/8.

Certainly encouraging but we will see.

Gordon

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thank God!

I'm in Staten Island, N.Y. A stones throw from N.J.

The agony of the wait! UGH!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anyone have information on the bike that are suppose to ALREADY be in Georgia and ready to ship? Hell, I'm close, I'll go get it...... :lol:

I find it strange that my dealer is relying on me (us) for updated information. :crylarf:
Let me know so that I can keep them in the loop.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer told me she wasn't sure if the bikes were shipping from the west coast or east coast warehouse. She said I should have the VIN tomorrow and that we would have its exact whereabouts then.

Its real tough to wait on a day like today - blue sky - 70 degrees AND BIKES EVERYWHERE!

Gordon

·
Registered
172 Posts
now you boys and girls be careful out there on your shiney new toys! when I come through on my faster 04, I'll wave, but don't think about trying to keep up and end up burning up that heavier 06 motor. I read somewhere that the curved radiator acts like a parachute on the front of those bikes--trapping the wind--and thats just terrible! :crylarf:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
3/10ths of a second on the strip and anything over 130mph is off my radar anyway - so I'll wave back and wish you well.

Gordon

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
donaldb said:
I read somewhere that the curved radiator acts like a parachute on the front of those bikes--trapping the wind--and thats just terrible! :crylarf:
We gotta get you some new reading material. :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
donaldb said:
I read somewhere that the curved radiator acts like a parachute on the front of those bikes--trapping the wind--and thats just terrible! :crylarf:
Yeah, cause of everyone whining about the heat on their legs they fixed it by blocking the rear of the rad and making it a chute as it doesn't let any air through anymore. :crylarf:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Would love to know the source of your info. I'm not a rocket scientist but if the radiator is blocked off it won't cool the fins. I find it hard to believe they would create such a design flaw. In addition - with all the aerodynamic work done - wouldn't it show up on the simulation as well as during the testing?

Gordon

·
Registered
34 Posts
So with no TOG's avaliable in the US who is going to be the first "I dropped it."
For those new to the FJR she's can be a handful in the parking lot.
Don't park on a downslope from which you have to back out of, watch your footing for loose gravel.
Chris

·
Super Moderator
3,956 Posts
yates4 said:
I find it strange that my dealer is relying on me (us) for updated information. :crylarf:
You've not been reading the forums for long then. EVERY PdP has been that way. Dealers have more to do than focus on one small subset of their customers. We, as buyers only have to stay current on one model and 1 unit of that model.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Seems to me that a better acronym than PDP would be: POO P....Pissed Off Owners Program........jus my humble .02 worth, being a POO P member who maybe has his bike finally getting here today or Monday???........DFO 8)

·
Registered
250 Posts
designeraccd said:
Seems to me that a better acronym than PDP would be: POO P....Pissed Off Owners Program........jus my humble .02 worth, being a POO P member who maybe has his bike finally getting here today or Monday???........DFO 8)
Agree - I'd like to tell Yamaha to shove the bike where they have the most room. After all this waiting -- it better be good. I sold my last remaining bike last week, and I'm tempted to just go out and buy something and let Yamaha and my dealer keep the 500 bucks and their special pain in the ass PDP single color, ticking, vibrating, hard throttle, windshield buffeting, whistling bike - did I leave anything out....

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
joecbr1100 said:
I'm tempted to just go out and buy something and let Yamaha and my dealer keep the 500 bucks and their special pain in the ass PDP single color, ticking, vibrating, hard throttle, windshield buffeting, whistling bike - did I leave anything out....
Hope you have a better day tomorrow.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well, as the saying goes, sort of...now that my wait is OVER...the new FJR is very nice. Got in an 82 mile "test" ride on her yesterday and most everything was very positive. Only negative so far is my bike's spotty paint quality. Most of the bike is a very smooth, deep lustrous blue. However, parts on the fairing have orange peel: NOT acceptable. So I'll have to see if Yamaha will fix/replace those areas.

Sure is impressive dynamically though; certainly an improvement overall, IMhO, from my '03 FJR. DFO :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
donaldb said:
now you boys and girls be careful out there on your shiney new toys! when I come through on my faster 04, I'll wave, but don't think about trying to keep up and end up burning up that heavier 06 motor. I read somewhere that the curved radiator acts like a parachute on the front of those bikes--trapping the wind--and thats just terrible! :crylarf:
:mrgreen: You know you eally want a 2006 :mrgreen:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Actually, the curved radiator directs some of that air through some new vents in the sophisticated (new on 06) air flow management system. Therefore, there is less wind resistance on the 06 than there was on any prievious model which is why it is the fastest. :crylarf: :crylarf: :crylarf: :crylarf:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey, just about anything on 2 wheels is faster than my 1200R Sportster...now more fun to ride? NOT neccessarily! Of course the raaaapid, nu, bluuu FJR may prove to be a different story...IF I could just find time to ride her! DFO :lol:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts