FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
fjrjewel said:
Does any one know if the 2006 USA model comes with bag liners?Thanks
I think it'll piss off customers if they're not included. They have been included every year the bike has been offered in the US. It would be kind of a dirty trick to make 'em an extra cost option after including them standard three years in a row. The website doesn't expressly say that they're included, but I bet they are.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Kaj said:
I'm a bit confused now, are we talking about sidecases (yes, those are included) or sidecase liners (polyester innerbags, which are not included)?
My fault, I was talking about sidecases.
In The Netherlands bag liners are not included.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bag Liners

I bought the liners available from Cruiserbackrest.com last year. Excellent pricing. I am very happy with the units I got. Just as good as the original Yamaha units my friend uses ... in my view.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Anyone happen to know if the case liners were standard on Canadian models?

·
Super Moderator
4,004 Posts
Kaj said:
I'm a bit confused now, are we talking about sidecases (yes, those are included) or sidecase liners (polyester innerbags, which are not included)?
In the US, the panniers (hard bags) and the liners (cloth luggage) have been included in the cost of the bike since it was first brought into the US. Any seller who didn't include them short shrifted the buyer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any seller who didn't include them short shrifted the buyer .

I'll take that as a compliment since the FJR was the most difficult bike ever to sell because of the mileage and the "buyer" was a dealer . Would have held on to the seats too but it looked funny without them :mrgreen:
Left a lot of stuff on the bike that was aftermarket extras so your opinion of short shrifted is relative .

·
Registered
250 Posts
hard bags & liners

If both the hard bags and liners come standard in the US, why are the liners listed on the Yamaha web site as an accessory?

·
Registered
372 Posts
The bagliners are not included on the Canadian bikes, but if you want them really badly, make them part of the offer when you get your dealer down to the price where he won't go any better, just say....its a deal if you throw in the bagliners. Most will go, try it and see.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts