FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just got my FJR a week ago, and was very impressed with the handling and acceleration, etc. (coming from a '98 CB750) I've been looking at frame sliders, to keep murphy at bay. An ealier thread pointed out that in '06 Yamaha appears to be providing these as optional accessories, at least in Europe. Well, still nothing available for 06 in the US as far as any accessories, and I'm not real keen on the look of the Yamaha slider anyway (looks like those bumpers on the backside of a door.)

The only aftermarket site I've found so far that seems to be aware of the 06's new fairing is motovation. (http://www.motovationusa.com/mvstore/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=180)

I'd be curious on people's experience with this and/or other makers.

(And is there anything to keep the bags off the ground in a tip over?)

Second question: I still get a noisy amount of air over the top of my helmet, and was wondering if the windshield has any adjustments other than the obvious electric adjustment? (I seem to recall earlier years had several heights via rebolting the mount at different heights (especially on the non-electric models). The other option would be the taller windscreen, either from Yamaha, or other aftermarket. Any comments?

Oh, sorry, one last question. Is anyone besides Yamaha going to offer color matched top cases? Yamaha's seem a little pricy.

PS: I've noticed the thread on the faulty instantaneous milage reading, (always reading 17mpg), and yes, I'm experiencing the same issue, thought that's about my only complaint.

Thanks in advance,
Ron

·
Registered
22 Posts
Motovation sliders go right on in about three minutes. You do need a torque wrench. Quality product, hardened bolts, very nice guy is the owner.

Hepco and Becker have a rack adapter and their Journey 40 and 50 topcases come in all black pebbly finish or several different flat panels (on the top) which you could get painted to match. The 50 holds two full face helmets (yamabox does not, i understand), good quality, on and off in a second, optional rubber backrest makes my wife happy. $454 delivered, including the backrest. Adapter takes about three minutes to install, you'll need another minute to decipher how to attach the box, and then another two minutes to drill holes for the backrest if you get it.

I got the black pebble because I didn't want to fool with painting. Color-Rite has now come out with a paint match for the Cobalt Blue.

I got mine from Patrick at Eurotech motorsports...he's the U.S. distributor for H&B. Other online retailers may also have the adapters by now.

http://www.eurotechmotorsports.com/...roducttype=46E&q_manufacturer=all&q_brand=all

1 - 2 of 2 Posts