FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '05 FJR1300 with a full muzzy exhaust (not slip-ons), a Power Commander, and a K&N air filter. I also have the O2 sensor disconnected. Does anyone have a map that matches this setup? Any help would be much apreciated.[/i]

·
Registered
192 Posts
map

there should be one very similar attached to the software. If you really want a good map, go to an authorized dynojet tuner and they will dyno it and map your bike for a nomianl fee. :shock:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is some info you might find insightful. I contacted Muzzy directly and they sent me a FREE map based on my criteria. The engineer there said most manufacturers will do the same. After loading the new map and uploading the new fuel pump upgrade available from Power Commander for the PCIIIusb(highly recommended) and losing the center stand (net loss of almost 20 pounds between new exhaust and stand), the bike absolutely rockets away. Front wheel doesen't hit the pavement until 3rd gear shift. The map for the slip-ons works like crap because it is setup to use the catalytic converter, which the new exhaust doesen't have. Be sure to get a map for the EXACT setup you are using for maximum results. Let me know if you want a copy

·
Registered
122 Posts
marcs1yc said:
I have an '05 FJR1300 with a full muzzy exhaust (not slip-ons), a Power Commander, and a K&N air filter. I also have the O2 sensor disconnected. Does anyone have a map that matches this setup? Any help would be much apreciated.[/i]
How did you clear the error on the display after you disconnected the O2 Sensor?
thx.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
JamesK said:
marcs1yc said:
How did you clear the error on the display after you disconnected the O2 Sensor?
thx.
If you have a PC 3 you dont get an error message.

·
Super Moderator
3,944 Posts
Since the cat/con is your main restiction, most any map will work fine with any slip on. I have a personal map, done for max power, with the D&D cans. I also have the Wally K. "Smoothness" map. Dynojet also has maps to download at their web site (where mine is also hosted under the user-submitted area).

http://www.bikes-n-spikes.org/maint/dyno/dyno.html

·
Registered
122 Posts
bounce said:
Since the cat/con is your main restiction, most any map will work fine with any slip on. I have a personal map, done for max power, with the D&D cans. I also have the Wally K. "Smoothness" map. Dynojet also has maps to download at their web site (where mine is also hosted under the user-submitted area).

http://www.bikes-n-spikes.org/maint/dyno/dyno.html
Thanks bounce (and others) my other question is can I use a custom map from a '04-'05 FJR in a PCIIIUSB on an '06 FJR? I mean is it a matter of "blowing up" the engine or just rough running until I switch back to the zero map? There are only two maps under the '06 FJR section.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts