FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to my imminent departure to Canada and Transport Canada's inflexibility about importing motor vehicles of any kind :evil: , my 2004 FJR ABS is up for sale.

http://static.flickr.com/15/88296349_e42de22fdc.jpg?v=0

It's on a '04 plate. Mileage is 6.1k miles and is for a service on Tuesday 24th Jan.

Fitted with a Meta alarm and Yam heated grips. Also included are the Pannier inner bags...(and not available separately before anyone asks). Other than that, runs like a dream and totally reliable as usual.

Yamaha warranty until the end of March 2006.

More picture available if wanted

I'm looking for £7,500 so if anyone knows of anyone looking etc…….

Sad to see it go but my next Yamaha may well be a 'Venture' snow mobile :cry:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Inspector, that is one pretty bike. I can't believe that Transport Canada is making it tough for you. It is not like the steering wheel is on the wrong side or something!! Sure there is some paper work but it can't be that bad.
I looked at importing one from the US and it wasn't that big a deal.
Where are you moving to??
Out here on the west coast, we ride all year 'round 8) .
On the other hand you might find the price of a replacement here comparably less.
Good luck with your move.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RocketDoc

I quote from Transport Canada:

"VEHICLES PURCHASED OUTSIDE CANADA AND THE UNITED STATES

The Motor Vehicle Safety Act and Regulations require that all vehicles imported into Canada comply, at the time of importation, with the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards in effect on the date the vehicle was manufactured. Vehicles manufactured for sale in countries other than Canada and the United States do not comply with the requirements of the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Act, CANNOT be altered to comply and CANNOT be imported into Canada. The only exceptions to this rule are vehicles fifteen (15) years old or older as determined by the month and year in which the vehicle was manufactured and buses manufactured before January 1, 1971".

Unless I disguise it as 15 yr old bike or a 35 yr old bus, I'm stuffed. If Ca bureaucracy doesn't get in the way, next month we will become 'Bluenoses' in NS. :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
TheInspector said:
"VEHICLES PURCHASED OUTSIDE CANADA AND THE UNITED STATES

The Motor Vehicle Safety Act and Regulations require that all vehicles imported into Canada comply, at the time of importation, with the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards in effect on the date the vehicle was manufactured. Vehicles manufactured for sale in countries other than Canada and the United States do not comply with the requirements of the Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Act, CANNOT be altered to comply and CANNOT be imported into Canada. The only exceptions to this rule are vehicles fifteen (15) years old or older as determined by the month and year in which the vehicle was manufactured and buses manufactured before January 1, 1971".
This is another fine example of Bureaucratic Bullshit.

In fact all that would be necessary would be to have the headlights realigned. I would challenge it, on the other hand having to deal with more fekking pinheads is probably not worth it.
Good luck with the rest of your move. Ah Nova Scotia. You will have look up Gypsy when you get there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts