FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Brains Trust,

So I have a dead dash on my 2002 NON ABS Model.

I can find lots of ABS model dashes for sale.

QUESTION: Will a ABS Dash work on a NON ABS Bike?

From what I can see the only ABS aspect to the dash is the warning light. The NON ABS dash has a blank for the warning light space. So is it generally all the same pin outs to the back of the dash console with just an extra wire running to the ABS warning light?

Hope this all makes sense. Really want to get a way forward and start riding again.

Thanks In Advance,
Dave

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Howdy. Welcome to the forum.

What is dead on the dash?

All I have on the Series I FJR is what is in the Haynes book. The Haynes book shows 12 wires going to the 2002 dash and 14 wires (12 + ABS and immobilizer light). Otherwise, the wiring looks similar. Short of someone else telling you, "Yes, the later Series I dash will work.", you will need to check the 2002 and 2003 FSMs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is Dead on the Dash:

Backlights work, indicators work. Tacho and speedo do not move when key turned, or when motor running. Bike starts and runs fine. LCD screen has backlight but no display whatsoever.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have also checked all electrical connections / plus / fuses / earths for condition, plus removed and inspected relays - nothing looks suspicious, even sanded battery terminals and lead ends.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have also checked all electrical connections / plus / fuses / earths for condition, plus removed and inspected relays - nothing looks suspicious, even sanded battery terminals and lead ends.
I have Had the same thing happen to my 2001 model, I’m taking it in to Yamaha for them to look at it but would appreciate any assistance with a direction/location to look
Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts