Fjrowners.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year my brother and I did our first road trip together. We rode from Orlando, Fl to Barber Motorsport, tail of the dragon and BRP. We hope to make it out west later this year. West time I've had in two weeks since I started riding. Nothing like spending quality time with the brother

Link is working now

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Link doesn't work for me.

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
Sounds like a great time. I hope you can get that link working. :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think this is his link from ADV forum post...

Reactions: JDH1952

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Great video. Nice to have to back up the memories you and your brother made.

·
Premium Member
7,885 Posts
I'm normally not a video guy but I enjoyed that. Thanks! Got me thinking of some of my travels too: not to take anything away from the OP and just for the sake of discussion, what's the farthest and how many states/provinces/Euro counties/etc. have you've traveled in about the same time frame? The OP's ride is pretty good, definitely one for the books. Now, yoose guys out west will probably blow us east-ners away distance wise but it might be harder for yoose to rack up the state count in a short week.

For me it's right at the same distance, 2200 miles in 5 days. From North Carolina- Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont. 12 states :cool:! Left out early Monday morning and got home late Friday evening. The route Ken the HD Guy & I took was designed specifically to hit all those states. At the time Ken had never ridden that far north and I had never been to NH or ME either. I remember we had the week off from work and the conversation went like this:

Ken: we should ride for lunch somewhere next week.
Me: you know, I haven't had a lobster in forever. Prolly been 10 yrs.
K: I've never had one. Where you wanna go?
M: Duh! Maine!

So fellas, how about you?

edit- went back and looked- 2202.5 miles for me start to finish on this trip.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Been touring since 1977. Average 2 trips a year, but have taken 4 in a year.

In 2014 a riding buddy and I both retired. He wanted to ride Rt 66 and I wanted to dip my toe in the Pacific Ocean. So we rode from Ohio out 66 to Cali, up the coast stopping to let me dip my toe in the Ocean, then back home thru Pikes Peak, Bonneville Salt Flats etc, 5500 miles in 11 days.

My wife and I rode from Ohio to Bar Harbor Maine and back 3400 miles in 9 days. We also did 5 countries in Europe ....Germany, Switzerland, France, Lichtenstein and Austria in 9 days but not sure of the mileage...probably not that many since they are close. We've done Ohio to Fla many times 2200 miles in a week. round trip. Many other trips as well.

I love long distance riding. So did my wife up until a couple years ago when she got a hip and 2 knee replacements. Now she is not as comfortable doing the long days.

Reactions: Whooshka

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Eagle, thanks for that video! Really makes me miss my brother !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts