FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'll start then by admitting to

3. Locking the front wheel during overenthusiastic braking.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I believe they missed:
Riding in heavy snow & ice when you have a 4x4 in your drive & should have known better!! :oops:

·
Registered
405 Posts
The famous 05 FJR kickstand which has(at least on mine) a double stop on the sidestand. The first click is set at perpendicular, so if I don't kick to the second, final stop, the thing is perfectly balanced, a breeze will blow it over, especially with about 300 miles on it. Pissed, I should say so!

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Or when washing the bike... rinse it all off, get it good and soapy... and then decide, now's a good time to put it on the center stand. Hey, these things get pretty heavy when they're leaned over this far... (insert Scooby Doo sound effects here) DOH!!!

:)

·
Premium Member
2,982 Posts
Torch should pop in to 'fess up. IIRC his was doing slow figures 8's in a carpark to scrub in new tyres, but the figure 8's just got smaller and smaller until he fell in a heap.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Owned the bike (K1200LT) only one week, left it in the driveway on the sidestand (not in gear) with the wind blowing right into the windscreen from the back. You can guess what happened. I must say, the bumpers on the LT took all the abuse, except for the mirror housing. :cry:

I won't tell you the story with the FJR, it's too embarrassing. :oops:

·
Registered
13 Posts
#129 Bike is 2 hours old. Riding downhill on highway on a curve, getting ready to turn left onto a sideroad. Blind corner.Pillion on back. Know the road like the back of your hand. Start the turn and realize there is a ditch dug all the way across it!! Nail the brakes, get stopped just in time only to lose your balance and ever so s l o w l y tip the bike onto its side. So thats what that "men working" sign was all about ! :oops:

·
Registered
55 Posts
:oops:

:oops: near new pristine kwaka GPZ250
The garage door remote control codes on our car park were to be changed, so I arrived home, stopped in front of the door, put bike on side stand and walk the 3 paces to the intercom, to buzz my flat/riding mate. He's expecting me, knowing I can't get in, leaps up and rushes out, hitting the control button on the way down.
Garage door rises up, gently bumps the front tyre of the bike, and it rolls over and grinds it's lovely full fairing on the concrete drive.

:oops: 2nd hand, compeltely rebuilt it after a WVOD incident Honda CBR1000F, unblemished.
I had a fairly badly sprained tight ankle. Was feeling better and was able to ride no problem. At the time I had to manouever through a narrow gate to where I was parking it, which I managed ok.
For some stupid reason I decided to put the bike on it's centre stand.
Ankle was not up to that.
Lost control of the weight and we both gently rolled over to the right (me on top of the bike)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Then there's the "look down" fake. On vacation for 3 weeks, no riding. Come home, crank up the Suzuki 1000 with Vetter fairing, wearing shorts, ride 3 blocks to shopping center to pick up some staples. In the huge parking lot, take a corner soooo sloooow, bike falls over ever so softly. I simply step off and watch it go. Walk angrily to rear of bike and stare at surface, kick at it, as if there was something there which caused the fall. Look around to see if anyone noticed. Pick it up and ride away. I love these stories of a species which thinks it is so cool, playing the fool.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Re: Reason 85

Will said:
Just who on this forum has experienced reason 85?
Are you saying there's something wrong with me riding in stillettos? :x

:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've done 2 & 6... thank god I had the sliders installed before I pulled those two. By the way, I managed them in a matter of 4 days. At least I got it all out of the way early-on... many thousands of miles event-free since then. Maybe it's like getting that first dent in a new vehicle... or first rock chip in a new windshield.

Dad performed 105 on a Gold WIng and ended his 2-up riding. Never felt comfortable with a passenger after the high-side resulting from the sand in the blind spot on the corner.

Oh well... they only stay "new" for a short time. At least now I know mine is ridden!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts