FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't long after Swampfest, but I wondered if anyone would like to join us for the FJOC Whitby weekend which Mark and I are organising.

I already know Nova, Richie, Scaley, as well as a couple of other from here are coming so anyone else?

Details:

We return to Whitby again by popular demand. Two excellent runs again in, as Mark calls it, Gods own country. The campsite is at Beacon Farm, Beacon Way, Sneaton, Whitby, YO22 5HS. Tel.01947 605212. The site is 3.2 miles from Whitby centre. Offers all amenities including onsite shop and tearoom, where breakfasts will be available. A excellent mobile fish 'n' chip van visits the village on Friday evening.

The village pub (The Wilson Arms) is only 50 yds away and offer a good selection of beers (including hand pulled) and 30 whiskies. Home cooked meals are also available. For those who do B&B, the pub has en suite facilities (5 rooms) at £31.50 pppn. Contact them quickly www.thewilsonarms.co.uk or ring Nick or Richard on 01947 602552. There's also another B&B as well as a cottage for rent in the village (details later), otherwise accomodation is plentiful in Whitby centre.

Directions from Whitby: take the A171 signposted Middlesbrough. At the "Four Lane Ends Roundabout" turn left onto the B1416 signposted Ruswarp. Drive through Ruswarp, over the blue iron bridge and follow the road up the hill. After approx. one mile, turn left into Beacon Way. Beacon Farm and The Wilson Arms are at the far end of the village on the left hand side.

Directions from Scarborough: Take the A171 signposted Whitby. After several miles you will see a turning to the left, signposted Ruswarp. Follow this road for approx. two miles until you approach the village of Sneaton and turn right into Beacon Way. Beacon Farm and The Wilson Arms are at the far end of the village on the left hand side. Alternatively contact Mark or Kerry on 07976 235354 for info. Both runs start from the campsite.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hi Kerry,

Since your so close I may pop over just to say hi to you and Mark before you do your rideouts (unless Loretta has other plans for my time which she hasn't told me about!!!).

If I can't get over have a good time.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would be creat to catch up with you Keith, look forward to it if you can make it. I'll check with Richie which pub will be in on Friday night too if you like?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keith, I've contacted the guy (Richie) who's organising this weekend and here's his response to where we'll be on Friday night if you fancy joining us for a drinkie.

We're at the Stamford Bridge Inn which is on the A51 about 2 miles from the city boundary.

If Kieth has GPS the postcode for the pub is CH3 7HN. Table booked for 8pm 'ish.
Hope to see you at some point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.