FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Claudio an I’m a new member and new owner, I’m in Venezuela and just bought an almost brand new 2015 FJR1300, got it really cheap cause the owner left the country, I got it knowing it had an strange issue, bike had been sitting with no use for almost a year, put a new battery and it runs fine, just every time specially first time in the morning turn the ignition and appears on the left lcd screen the number 060 and the bike won’t start no matter what I do, it’s frustrating as The engine cranks perfect but it just don’t start then as I turn on and off the ignition many times it just dissapear the code and the bike fires up and it won’t bother me no more usually for the rest of the day , just to show up any time when you don expect it but you never know and sometimes can take an hour doing any tricks to try to start it, but as I said it just dissapear the code and I can go but I’m afraid to take long trips as I don’t want to get stuck far from home, and no Yamaha dealers cause my country political and economical situation, thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
9,769 Posts
Code 60 is a YCC-T drive system malfunction - throttle by wire problem. There may be other codes stored..... do you have a service manual? There are a number of things to check, might be as simple as a loose/corroded/poor connection, might be as bad as a bad ECU..... work through the simple stuff first.
Go into DiAGnostics mode and check for other codes... cycle to D-61 and it will display and cycle through all the stored codes.
Ignition off, Kill switch off, hold both Select and Reset buttons, turn ignition on, hold the buttons for at least 8 seconds and DiAG should display, Select ECU and use Select or Reset to cycle to D-61. D-62 will report the total number of codes and they can be erased by then cycling the kill switch.
Let us know what you find....

Attachments

Reactions: 2GENAE

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again for you quick answer and yes as you said it was throttle related, throttle bodies to be specific, we took out seats gas tank air box etc reached the bodies inyectors etc, send the inyectors for ultrasound just in case thought they were not the issue, the bodies we cleaned with a couple cans of choke carb cleaners cause the amount of carbon gum and varnish was huge and you barely could move it with your fingers, put everything back together and it runs like new now, this bike thought it’s 2015 has only 4000 miles on and was sitting for almost 3 years wich was for sure the cause of all this problems. Thanks again

1 - 4 of 4 Posts