FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The US dealer network was told last week
they can now order FJR's for their own inventory.

So for those of you who have been waiting 6-months,
now you can just walk into your dealer and
buy one off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Where did this bit of BS come from. They just reported that all the 06's that were going to be available have been purchased.

Just goes to show ya, you can say anything on the Internet and it becomes Gospel truth. :shock:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Till the 20th this month in Portugal is MotoExpo time! I saw 4 brand new FJR - blue, silver and 2 "desert" colors - and just close a Japanese girl playing (very well by the way) classical music at the piano...

But , guys, what do you think about this? (sorry for the poor picture quality, I took it with my phone):

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Apart from the exhaust looking like a plateful of eels, or something they stole off a Buell, it could almost be the result of an unholy coupling between a Ducati Monster and a GTS 1000.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
marshman said:
Apart from the exhaust looking like a plateful of eels, or something they stole off a Buell, it could almost be the result of an unholy coupling between a Ducati Monster and a GTS 1000.
:crylarf:

There's some room for advertising on the swingarm.

Oh, that phone takes damn good pictures!

·
Registered
15 Posts
In response to that first message in this thread, I was able to put a deposit on an 06 A today (3/17) and was told to expect an April or May delivery. Gave the dealer a $200 deposit to reserve it. No B.S. OTD w/ tt&l for 13600. Now the wait begins.

·
Registered
144 Posts
20valves said:
Oh, that phone takes damn good pictures!
The phone is a Nokia 6680; the picture quality is not so good; the light of the room maybe helped a lot.

Any way: the exhaust was no stolen from the Buell because this model is older. And alive this Bimota looks really impressive...

·
Registered
250 Posts
Daytona FJR said:

My dealer was told the same thing. I was informed that 10 new dealer FJRs would be arriving this month, but I had to wait for the one I ordered last October, which would not be arriving until the end of the year. While I was there a girl walked in from the street, ordered an FJR, and was told to come in and pick it up next weekend. Lastly, there will be a price increase in June - which I will have to absorb.

If I cancel my order, and try to buy one of the dealer orderd FJRs, I was told I would be banned from ever buying another motrocycle in the USA. I hope it's going to be worth the wait? :?

·
Registered
372 Posts
@joecbr1100.... :crylarf: you have got to be kidding. These guys are pulling your leg man. Really the PDP bikes are the first to go. Don't let these guys get to you. You will have that bike weeks before the chick that ordered it. They are just setting you up for a couple of weeks from now when they call you, and have your sparkling 06 in the showroom waiting for YOU.
My dealer, in Canada at least said the PDP orders were all 'on the way', then the dealerships can start getting showroom models. Why would that be any different in the US of A??

·
Registered
5 Posts
joecbr1100 said:
Daytona FJR said:

My dealer was told the same thing. I was informed that 10 new dealer FJRs would be arriving this month, but I had to wait for the one I ordered last October, which would not be arriving until the end of the year. While I was there a girl walked in from the street, ordered an FJR, and was told to come in and pick it up next weekend. Lastly, there will be a price increase in June - which I will have to absorb.

If I cancel my order, and try to buy one of the dealer orderd FJRs, I was told I would be banned from ever buying another motrocycle in the USA. I hope it's going to be worth the wait? :?
Joe,

Which dealer told you that? I'm in Virginia and want to make sure I don't shop there!

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
But , guys, what do you think about this? (sorry for the poor picture quality, I took it with my phone):
That a testi but a new one as they have started to sell them again looks nice without a fairing. The originals had a fairing if I remember right?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where did this bit of BS come from. They just reported that all the 06's that were going to be available have been purchased.

Just goes to show ya, you can say anything on the Internet and it becomes Gospel truth.

Hey Rocket, now don't you look a little foolish?

·
Registered
50 Posts
The FJR's that you will be able to buy off the show room floor are the one's the the dealers ordered themselves just for that reason. They ordered their's first so they get them first. Then they can sell them for MSRP or higher. So walk on in and jump on one of those bad boys and pay top dollar. Mine is coming and at a great price. I don't mine waiting. Christmas only comes once a year, so does my FJR.

I don't feel foolish, I feel smart. I am guaranteed an FJR for $12,904.65 Out The Door. What are you paying??????????????

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's what the dealer told me. I finally got the wife to free up some budget clearance and went lookin on cycletrader. Lowest price was in TN. 12,300 OTD plus state tax. I checked with local dealer (Jax) same day. He said he had 1 A model coming in un-claimed that he had ordered. I asked when it was due in and he said April possibly May. I put a deposit on that one yesterday and told him about the on-line discount in TN. He said he would work with me to keep business local. Bottom line is 13,600 OTD (tt&l included). I don't think I did bad. His deal was $300 more than lowest on-line price. I would have spent that in fuel and lodging there and back from FL. Comments?

PS-My first FJR. Not trying to make the veterans angry-just typin' like it happened...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congratulaions! Good job. :D :D :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
rocket said:
The FJR's that you will be able to buy off the show room floor are the one's the the dealers ordered themselves just for that reason. They ordered their's first so they get them first. Then they can sell them for MSRP or higher. So walk on in and jump on one of those bad boys and pay top dollar. Mine is coming and at a great price. I don't mine waiting. Christmas only comes once a year, so does my FJR.

I don't feel foolish, I feel smart. I am guaranteed an FJR for $12,904.65 Out The Door. What are you paying??????????????
$13,179.65 OTD, same dealer, just ordered ten days ago. Have asked him to raise your price to keep everything equal. :twisted:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts