FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Been riding most of my life now 51.

Just sold my Harley Lowrider and picked up my 06 FJR ( wow...long wait).

Night and day from a Harley. Only had one chance to ride it, and that was hone from the dealer.

Anyway, does anyone know who makes risers to fit the 06????
Thanks,
Billy

·
Registered
80 Posts
Me too. TC95 Road king is now history. First non-HD / Vtwin in 20 years. Love it!

You will find no risers yet for the 06. MCL says he is just starting and it may be several months. I have adjusted mine back all the way, and put on Sunline Grand Touring grips. Makes a helluva difference. You might try that. Plus, after you adapt to the new positi9on, you may find you like it better and don't need the risers. Give it a thousand miles and then see how it fits.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim, I'll give moving the bars back a try over the weekend. Looks like if I bring them back, I will lose a bit of width.

Yes, the Harleys. Man, I tell you. I was wondering why all my HDs had jush low miles. I think its because I just didnt like riding them anymore., Hell, frames that felt like rubber, bad suspension and sad brakes, and lets not forget the poor performance and vibration.. I think I forgot why i ride. I got lost in Harleyism. I bought into it big time.

However, now seeing the bright clear light of day....I am free at last.

·
Registered
80 Posts
No width change if your bars were installed correctly. I had a bad setup from regional yamaha that did just that .... moved the grips in more with more sweep when adjusted back. AFter a warranty fix for the sloppy install, I moved em both back and the width is the same. Just be sure to loosen BOTH bolts on BOTH bars and the bars will easily slide back. Put both the little pins into the rearward holes. That will maintain the width.

I had hoped for more range of adjustability, and can't discount the possibility of risers in the future, but for now it feels pretty good and I am more comfortable as I put on the miles.

One thing I did not try ... Line up the middle hole for the outer pin, and use the rearward hole for the inner pin. Might allow us to "degree" the 06 bars for less sweep. Less sweep cures most numbness issues (along with the return spring trick).
[/b]

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
czguybilly said:
However, now seeing the bright clear light of day....I am free at last.
You no longer have to fear the curves, now you embrace them. Atta boy, Billy! Have fun, ride safe.

Remember, only two fingers on the front brakes. :wink:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, it was an easy job to relocate the bars rearward. I think its more comfortable now, but I think I would get the risers when they are available.

Just to let everyone know: The bolts holding my bars on were not tightened well!!!!! Do yourself a very big favor and check the bolts even if you dont want to move the bars. Just for peace of mind I put a drop of blue locktite on all four fasteners.

And yes, .....I no longer fear corners....I look for them.

I have re-discovered why I ride. What a difference between riding a "1940 design" bike and riding this new FJR.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your help :D I tried to move the bars one at a time and had no luck
BOLTH BARS need to be loosend :shock: I know the dealer did not know that because I had asked for this to be done and was not!! :? This ones for you!!
:ale:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts