FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, not a huge deal. While riding in to work this AM and appox 80 miles on the clock, my right handlebar came loose. Not off, just loose. I found that the smaller hex bolt was very loose and the corresponding nut threads were stripped. The screw goes well into the nut but will not tighten. Secondarily, the larger nut had worked loose but was otherwise okay.

CHECK YER BAR BOLTS!

I managed to tighten it down properly, and may use some locktite as a temporary solution. Unsure if I wil lgo with risers or not, so I'll wait on a more permanent fix.

Enuf talk of screws and nuts.

Should I make the shop fix it under warranty, or just deal with it myself? Seems like such small taters.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Which shop prepared your '06? Was it up in Boulder?

That really seems like the result of poor QC on the assembly of the bike. I certainly would be reluctant to take my bike to a shop that could be so careless.

Ron

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup - And Guess What Else

Evidently, the bars come pre-installed from the factory. Mine is number 12, so hopefully they improved their installation and QC process after that.

SO Guess What?

Riding it at lunch today and the whole bike just DIED when I hit the screen up button. Tits up. I looked at the wiring and found it pinched by the friggin bar mount. I must have squished it when I did the roadside bar repair. My fault entirely, though if the bars hadn't come loose it wouldn't have happened.

Boulder Powersports has it now. They came and got me. They seem like a very good bunch.

I'm having a really BAD DAY! Is it beer o'clock yet?

·
Registered
56 Posts
If that is Colorado Powersports in Boulder, on 55th St., they are a pretty good operation.

Sorry to read about all your hassles. After the FJR is repaired, feel free to give a yell if you want to ride.

Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts