FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed my new Cee Baileys windscreen (+4"H, +2"W from stock) on my 2006 FJR and the test drive left a big grin on my face.

I'm 6'5" tall and the stock windscreen at full height was causing some pretty severe air turbulence right at head height. I wear earplugs all the time so it wasn't so much the noise but just felt that a slightly taller windscreen would give me a more comfortable ride.

I read the numerous postings on this forum regarding recommendations and reviews for different after market windscreens and different width and height settings, and in the end went for the Cee Baileys.

After the install (all of 10 minutes) I took her out for a test ride on what was a very windy day and the result was everything I hoped for. At the lowest position at 30-40mph with the screen in its lowest position, the wind hits me just below shoulder level. At highway speeds with the screen at its highest position the wind slips nicely above and around my helmet. I'm sitting in a nice pocket of relatively calm air with no noticeable backpressure.

Even at supersonic speeds (heh heh heh) things were fine. The Cee Baileys screen was very stable (much more so than stock) and again things were nice and quiet.

All in all, a great product and a big improvement over stock for us taller riders.

·
Registered
31 Posts
bdueck said:
Just installed my new Cee Baileys windscreen (+4"H, +2"W from stock) on my 2006 FJR and the test drive left a big grin on my face.

I'm 6'5" tall and the stock windscreen at full height was causing some pretty severe air turbulence right at head height. I wear earplugs all the time so it wasn't so much the noise but just felt that a slightly taller windscreen would give me a more comfortable ride.

I read the numerous postings on this forum regarding recommendations and reviews for different after market windscreens and different width and height settings, and in the end went for the Cee Baileys.

After the install (all of 10 minutes) I took her out for a test ride on what was a very windy day and the result was everything I hoped for. At the lowest position at 30-40mph with the screen in its lowest position, the wind hits me just below shoulder level. At highway speeds with the screen at its highest position the wind slips nicely above and around my helmet. I'm sitting in a nice pocket of relatively calm air with no noticeable backpressure.

Even at supersonic speeds (heh heh heh) things were fine. The Cee Baileys screen was very stable (much more so than stock) and again things were nice and quiet.

All in all, a great product and a big improvement over stock for us taller riders.
Sorry, I have the same windshield, and it sucks. It is noisier than stock. At least with the stock windshield, and a tuning block, I can lower it far enough to get the helmet out of the turbulent lower. Having the helmet in 80mph smooth air is less noisy than being in the typhoon coming off the upper edge of the Cee Bailey flip (flop?)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To each his/her own.

My screen doesn't have a flip lip though, so guess your Cee Bailey's isn't "exactly" the same as mine after all.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
bdueck said:
To each his/her own.
EXACTLY! Everyone has a different preference on windscreens,
and there's no holy grail that's perfect for everyone.

I've always found the bigger they are, the more severe the buffetting. But when I'm riding in sub-freezing temps, I kinda miss that silly ol +4 Rifle I had for the FJRs... I hated the buffetting, but when it's 15-degrees fahrenheit, it beats the snot out of the freezing faceshields I get on the sporty sport-tourers with sportbike-like weather protection. :mrgreen:

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.