FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I finally decided to play with the adjustable vents located on the panel immediately under your knees (roughly). It's warm here

I had assumed that underneath was pretty much a big hole that would be opened up letting lots of hot air come up during the cold (the manual doesn't really say which position is good for what.) Much to my surprise the panel underneath is almost exactly like the one above it (meaning only a slight gap between it and the silver part of the frame. The only parts that seem to open up gap-wise seem to be at the top edge forming a trianble opening making perhaps a bit of a scoop, and a corresponding triangular opening at the bottom. (I hope this makes sense.) Perhaps this increase venting down to the feet ?? I plan to ride tomorrow with the left open, and the right closed, and see if I can tell any difference.

Anyone else played with this?

I'll keep you guys posted.

Ron

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
It's the other way round I believe from others postings

Closed to disperse heat, open to let more heat onto the rider in colder weather.

·
Registered
154 Posts
does seem strange Yamaha go to the trouble of designing in this feature, and dont tell you what is supposed to be set at, trial and error will sort but you'd think they'dd offer a bit more about it in the book,

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, sorry for the question. Despite the fact that the vent looks like it doesn't do much since it's solid underneath, if you open it, you *do* in fact get a fair amount of extra heat, though at highway speed it was not a major effect. At city speeds the effect was fairly pronounced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts