FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone
I'm new to this forum, long overdue.
I just had a low speed close encounter with a good friend who rear ended me taking out the Right Saddle Bag, damaging the Right lower Cowl and tail section.
Looking to replace with clean used.
Any takers or advice on new ?
Thanks in advance. John

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,084 Posts
Finding used plastic likely going to be an issue as it doesn't come up all that often. We have a couple of guys already looking for right saddlebags, and they're not in great supply....
You don't mention what year bike you have (update profile please), so we don't know what colour.....

Reactions: FJRChuck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finding used plastic likely going to be an issue as it doesn't come up all that often. We have a couple of guys already looking for right saddlebags, and they're not in great supply....
You don't mention what year bike you have (update profile please), so we don't know what colour.....
Thanks for your quick response.
My FJR is a US 2005 Blue

·
Registered
2007 FJR1300A
2,830 Posts
Thanks for your quick response.
My FJR is a US 2005 Blue
Since you are new here - beware of people trying to get you to email them saying that they have the parts. There is a scam bot or some scammers here that jump on every wanted post using a brand new userId

·
Premium Member
2003 FJR1300
87 Posts
Hello everyone
I'm new to this forum, long overdue.
I just had a low speed close encounter with a good friend who rear ended me taking out the Right Saddle Bag, damaging the Right lower Cowl and tail section.
Looking to replace with clean used.
Any takers or advice on new ?
Thanks in advance. John
Good luck finding first gen parts!

I found a good lower left side fairing on ebay and bought a new upper from one of the parts dealers like partzilla or something, I forget. Same color fortunately and matched my silver perfectly. Took months of searching to find everything needed.
Scour ebay frequently, maybe what you need will pop up.

·
Registered
2014 FJR ES.....2017 BMW R1200RT.....76 R90S ..76 R90/6...
139 Posts
I have a right side upper and lower fairing from an 07 that was a week old and knocked over in a parking lot by a two up Harley that couldn't stop
Luggage and bags Sleeve Bumper Bag Automotive design
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design Motor vehicle
t stop.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,084 Posts
Nice... but Gen2 plastic won't fit a Gen1. If someone is looking for Gen2, it could work.

Another option for saddlebags if not already mentioned, if you're willing to swap and paint your existing lids.... find a set of City bags from a Tracer 900GT (up to 2020 I believe). Identical bases to FJR.

·
Premium Member
2006 FJR1300 AS - Orion The Hunter
1,158 Posts
I have not tried or know of anybody who has tried the Chinese body parts.
Sure would be an expensive "experiment." But you never know. They do accept returns!

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,084 Posts
On other bikes from what I read, has to be used in complete sets... worth a shot if you can't find plastic...

Any chance you can repair your existing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My FJR is a 05, so it's Blue. New RH saddlebags aren't available, 06 is available but the Bottom case and the Passenger Peg Mount of the 06 part numbers are different from the 05, I'm sure some of the members know that, so it's going to require repairing the existing Bag.
Any advice. Thanks in advance. Johnny Mac

·
Premium Member
2003 FJR1300
87 Posts
My FJR is a 05, so it's Blue. New RH saddlebags aren't available, 06 is available but the Bottom case and the Passenger Peg Mount of the 06 part numbers are different from the 05, I'm sure some of the members know that, so it's going to require repairing the existing Bag.
6 months ago I needed a left side and all I could find were right side fairing parts. Now all I see for that year is left side, go figure. Be patient and something will show up eventually. I paid $180 for a used one, $232 after shipping. Fit perfectly and looks as good as the other side.

·
Premium Member
Versys 1000, VFR800
11,084 Posts
All FJR bags are physically interchangeable.
Curious what needs repair on the existing bag...... did one of the 'hooks' break?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
6 months ago I needed a left side and all I could find were right side fairing parts. Now all I see for that year is left side, go figure. Be patient and something will show up eventually. I paid $180 for a used one, $232 after shipping. Fit perfectly and looks as good as the other side.
Thanks Roger for the encouragement. Moral of the story, patience. John

·
Registered
161 Posts
My right pannier fell off on the highway under a truck when I hit a big bump late at night at 75mph. I did not realize it until several miles on. (Make sure you have all the slots in correctly!). It took months of checking eBay to find a salvaged one, without a lock and wrong color but under $150. I managed to fit a cabinet lock by adding spacers I need 3 keys - bike and left pannier, top case and right pannier, but it works. Be patient and keep checking craigslist, eBay, etc. Also look for motorcycle junk yards, though they are few and far between..

Reactions: FJRChuck
1 - 16 of 16 Posts