FJR Owners Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Does anyone know if the 05/06 mirrors are interchangable with
a 2003 model also are they any better

Regards

John G

·
Registered
372 Posts
The '04 and '05 mirrors are identical to the '03 mirrors, but the '06 is quite different, whether they would bold onto an earlier model, no one knows yet. They certainly look cool especially the ones with the integrated hand guard. Nice option, but does it work as well as the BMW or V-Strom mods that many have already done? Yet to be seen.
And pardon me, Welcome to the board John Griffin. What year do you ride? If I'm in Ireland, maybe fall this year, can I look you up?

·
Registered
219 Posts
The 06 mirrors are definately better. Clearer vision. Little or no distortion and you don't have to adjust your elbow to see behind.
I'm not sure what difference the additional hand guard's make on the mirrors but I guess they'll only have a similar effect to the wide mirrors on the GL1800 Goldwing, snug out of the breeze so no cold hands, even without heated grips.

Nova :wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mirrors 03-06

Hi Guys
Thanks for the info. I think I'll go ahead and order a pair
of FZ mirrors after I get a good look at the Alkamoto offering
(waiting on e-mail).

rocketdoc...Hi I've got a 2003 Galaxy Blue also have a 1993 GTS
which I've had from new and, a 1980 Z650 F1 Kawasaki which I finished
restoring in January. Dont get much time to use any of them and
the "commute" to work is short so I end up using an Aerox Yamaha
during the week.
I've two trips this year for definite- GB MotoGP in July and in September
crossing to France then onward to Austria (Landeck as a base) and doing as many mountain passes as possible. Down side of my work is that I work one in every two weekends. Let me know if you get this side
of the pond.
Until very recently I had a cousin living in Calgary.
Talk soon
Regards
John G

·
Registered
27 Posts
The hand guards definately add to the looks of the new 06 mirrors. Also make the bike look more expensive! :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts