600 mile service - mistake? - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 01:14 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Camera phone. Actually, the weather has been perfect. Santa Rosa Island. Smack dab between NAS Pensacola and Eglin AFB. On a quiet night, you can hear the sweet and tender sounds of things blowing up. But the sand's as white as sugar, and you can count your toes under the clear water while in chest-deep. There are few houses on this island, and about half of them were damaged or destroyed by two hurricanes in two years, but the rental I'm in is in good shape, and totally refurbished.

I see lots of bikes down here, no sport-tourers... just cruisers and sports. An FJR in this neighborhood would be as useful as an Indy car in a traffic jam.

At least there are bikinis.

- on bikini patrol in FL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-24-2006, 10:57 PM
Farkle Trainee

Send a message via Yahoo to JamesK
Re: 600 mile service - mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecbr1100
I just pickied up my 06 from the 600 mile service. The dealer used 10-40 Golden Spectro. The manual says 20-40. Should I be concerned?
Apologies if this is a dumb question, but are any of the oils you guys have mentioned in this thread Synthetic or all petroleum based? I am a big fan of Synthetic oils, and am planning on running this in my new FJR after the initial 1,500 miles (following the MotoMan break-in procedures).
http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm
http://www.micapeak.com/bike/FJR1300/breakin.html

IBA # 27221
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2006, 01:20 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I believe the Golden Spectro mentioned above is a semi-synthetic. Full synthetics I hear guys talking about most are Rotella Synthetic and Mobil1 Red Cap (20w50 - no friction modifiers).

Internationally; Motul, Silkolene, and Repsol all offer full-synthetics, if you like that flavor.

I have yet to try the BelRay full synthetic... I think I'm going to give it a go next time, because my old favorite Mobil1 MX4T is getting darn hard to find... and you can't buy it online (that I know of).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page