FJR Owners Forum banner

Quick question on front Brake lever positions 1-5

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  nunia720 
#1 ·
Hello, I apologize for being so needy everyone. Loosing my mind trying to get all this done before we take off for Sturgis in 2 days.

My question is: Does the stock lever adjustments on both front brake and clutch only turn one way? I can turn them freeely one way but for the life of me can't go the opposite way. And w/ my OCD mind I cannot comprehend how if I continually turn in one direction it isn't tightening every rotation?? So the 5 will actually be 10 if that makes sense??? Or beter yet, go past 5 to the number 1 setting and that should be 6 instead of 1......help my fractured mind please!!!

#3 ·
That's what I thought but couldn't get my head around it. New front tire mounted/balanced and I put it on today and the pads drag. Granted I was rushing and running out of light...I know what I need to do. Thought a quick fix was the actual lever but freaked when I could not go the other way. Thanks blassoff!!

#5 ·
So your saying I can back the adjustment knob if I am somewhere in the middle of full forward from the bars and resting? If that's the case something is wrong w/ my knob. It only moves one way and only when I have the lever extended away from the bar, towards the front tire from a resting position.

#9 ·
Hello, I apologize for being so needy everyone. Loosing my mind trying to get all this done And w/ my OCD mind I cannot comprehend
You need to be very very careful. Slow down. Take a breath. Or you will end up inducing failure instead of fixing it.

I have seen countless times where an owner has caused catastrophic problems in attempting to do service work prior to a big trip or vacation.

You are setting yourself up fr disaster.
If it works fine Dont Mess with it.

#12 ·
I hope he remembers to lubricate the muffler bearings & flush the blinker fluid before he leaves😜😜😜

Hope you have a great time and enjoy your ride out with your brother. ! Should be fun, enjoy.

#13 ·
Everyone has jokes I see, LMAO!! I do appreciate the humor and help everyone. We are running a little behind our original schedule but then again it's a vacation w/out a schedule. Bikes are all ready to go. We are wrapping up a few loose ends around the house. Taking off this afternoon or tomorrow morning depending on the time we're ready. We aren't in any rush so it's all good. I'll have plenty of Pics for sure!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.