Lowered stands - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By rbentnail

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2020, 07:44 AM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Lowered stands

Guys, I am fitting a Hyperpro 30mm lowering kit to my 2018 fjr 1300A. My question is does anyone know where I can get an adjustable side and centre stand to fit in the UK. The ones I have found are in the USA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-21-2020, 08:50 AM
red
FJR Top Gun

Lowered stands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty1 View Post
Guys, I am fitting a Hyperpro 30mm lowering kit to my 2018 fjr 1300A. My question is does anyone know where I can get an adjustable side and centre stand to fit in the UK. The ones I have found are in the USA.
Rusty,

Sorry, I have no good sources for the UK.

FWIW, I lowered my 2008. I had both the side- and center stands cut and re-welded by talented welders. On my 2008, we were able to lower the center stand by about 33mm. The side-stand foot was cut off, and the stalk was shortened (not sure about that measurement). The foot was re-welded, while the bike "stood" on the side-stand, on the footpad, holding up the bike, to get the foot angle correct while welding. I would not need to extend the center stand if I went back to stock suspension heights, because there was not much change there. For the side-stand, I believe a thicker footpad could be added to the bottom of the existing footpad, rather than doing more welding there, if I restored the bike's stock suspension heights. I have no intention of "restoring" the bike to stock height, though.

I believe I spent less on the welding than the replacement parts would cost. I have only seen one adjustable FJR centerstand which was acceptable in design, but it was expensive. No "adjustable" side-stand looks strong enough to me; if one small bolt loosens or fails on them, the bike will fall over. Now if the adjustment of the side-stand was a thick threaded rod rotating into a hollow side-stand shaft (similar to the design of some shock absorbers), that would be acceptable. I never found one designed like that. HTH.

Cheers,
Red
2008 FJR1300A
- Pirelli Angel GT (Spec A) tires, RDL seat, TPMS, GPS digital speedometer (Amazon ~US$28.00).
P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-27-2020, 01:39 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Hello Rusty
We got my wifes FJR side stand shortened and the foot rewelded about an inch higher after fitting lowering links . Once painted it looked great.

2014 RED FJR1300 A
2017 Silver FJR1300 AE (Wife's)
1997 750 SRAD Suzuki - Sold & bought Wife's FJR
2002 KTM 400 EXC - Sold & bought Wife's FJR
2006 BMW R1100S
2001 Triumph TT600

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 11:13 AM
Farkle Trainee

Your wife rides a FJR? Does she have a sister? 🌞
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2020, 06:04 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Fergit wimmins- nothing but trouble. You think a boat is a money pit? Um....no.

Find yerself a good man that knows how to cook.
DGBone and sector7g like this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page