been looking for it for weeks - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-27-2020, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Trainee Sport Tourer

been looking for it for weeks

so for a while i've been trying to figure out the wiring **** that the cops did to this bike after a while i managed to figure out where they put the fan relay but what i'm looking for is the actual connector for the fan.
sadly the bike didn't come with a fan and since the price of the fan here in Belgium is a bit too much as i'm willing to pay i bought myself a gsxr fan same size and power i can make it work.... i hope

either way i've not been able to locate the connector for the fan if someone could point out to me where abouts to look i might be able to find something out

and before you say look in the manual it doesn't help much since the cops did a real number on the bike with the wiring

cheers

Sven
1998 Kawasaki KDX 200
1982 Suzuki GSXL 750
1998 Honda shadow vt 600
1996 BMW f 650 Funduro
2005 Yamaha fjr1300a
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 10:40 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

The police probably didn’t do anything to it except ride it hard. Installation was most likely done by a professional shop or contractor.

Electrical problems from former service bikes usually arise from the reckless abandon with which some or all of the emergency equipment is removed from the bike at the end of service life.

Good luck on your quest. Might help to include the year of your bike.

No commercials. No dictators.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2018 FJR1300ES Stealth Model

IBA# 69560

Last edited by Bill Lumberg; 06-28-2020 at 10:42 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-28-2020, 08:24 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

OEM fan connector may be on right side, with side fairing off, somewhere near/under the battery behind lower edge of upper fairing. Should have a light blue from fan relay and a black for ground (these are the OEM wire colours). I can only surmise the police harness would have plugged into that if it altered run time/lower temp.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page