Cardo Packtalk firmware 5.6 update... - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 07:19 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4HHE View Post
Zumo 595 into Packtalk Bold is staticy. Am guessing the Zumo is trying to drive the Pactalk too hard but for crying out loud one would think everybody would agree full scale on the D/A converter is full volume so there wouldn't be any issue?

Know full well this has been a problem because Garmin beeps and routing guidance was unintelligible before finding the right knob to turn it down to 25%. Thinking its still too high.

Garmin doesn't make it easy to find the individual source volume controls.

Oh, and same problem if iPhone music gets routed through Zumo before Packtak.
I have the ZUMO 660 it works great with the Cardo and HD music from Amazon (Alexa) voice commands is 99% reliable at Hiway speeds.. Really happy with this part of it. I have not used the MESH yet, time will tell.

I read the Cardo Pack Talk Bold JBL will link up a SENA.... will see this week end. Several of us are going on a three day trip to Turner Falls Oklahoma from Ft Worth.

1986 FJ 1200
2008 FJR 1300AE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 09:19 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
I found a much better deal on ebay with the no name units than using the sena or cardo. I like my cheepies. they don't do fancy things and I don't expect them too. I can talk with anyone that I ride with use music or maps on my phone. I don't use voice activation at all. I just press the screen. or wait till I come to a light or sign. Most of the time when in the mountains the music stops anyway so what does it matter when the music stops. If the music stops so does talking between riders cause there are mountainous rock and trees in the way for line of sight. I use the cheep stuff cause it didn't brake the bank and still gives me options on speakers and preferences. you should try it so you can use the money on other things like fancy ice tea and the preserves on the other side of the pass.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 09:56 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GENAE View Post
I read the Cardo Pack Talk Bold JBL will link up a SENA.... will see this week end. Several of us are going on a three day trip to Turner Falls Oklahoma from Ft Worth.
That I managed was to pair a Sena to Cardo as 2nd phone. The volume levels were badly off. The range was a couple hundred feet. And you donít have easy link on/off, vox, or music. Because the Sena is connected as a telephone which has top priority.
2GENAE likes this.

2018 F-150 XLT SuperCab 4x4 2.7L
2016 FJR1300A
2016 Beta 430 RS
2016 Subaru Outback
2013 Tesla Model S 85
2009 Husaberg FE450
1983 Porsche 928S

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-29-2020, 10:23 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Squall View Post
I found a much better deal on ebay with the no name units than using the sena or cardo. I like my cheepies. they don't do fancy things and I don't expect them too. I can talk with anyone that I ride with use music or maps on my phone. I don't use voice activation at all. I just press the screen. or wait till I come to a light or sign. Most of the time when in the mountains the music stops anyway so what does it matter when the music stops. If the music stops so does talking between riders cause there are mountainous rock and trees in the way for line of sight. I use the cheep stuff cause it didn't brake the bank and still gives me options on speakers and preferences. you should try it so you can use the money on other things like fancy ice tea and the preserves on the other side of the pass.
I loaded 30 hours of music to my cell memory so if no cell service I have tunes. I paid $150.00 for the 2 month old lightly used Cardo Pack Talk Bld JBL, if it does not pair up with the SENA oh well. 90% of the time I ride alone the JBL speakers rock at Hiway speeds I hear my GPS and and music and receive calls with out stopping. Glad your happy will see how mine does in a group for what I use it for the majority of the time it was money well spent. Where did you get your comm at? I have a friend with a tight budget.
Gray Squall likes this.

1986 FJ 1200
2008 FJR 1300AE
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 09:20 PM
Training wheels fitted!

I had the same issue and called cardo support. They dropped the name customization so now you no longer will hear the unit say "Alberto's PTB", or whatever you had programmed yours to. They also have done a pretty poor job of documenting how to share audio while using mesh.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-02-2020, 11:45 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
2GENAE if you want a cheapie or two, I have a couple I'm looking to get rid of. A VNETPHONE V6 and a VNETPHONE V8.
The V8 even has a handlebar mounted remote that works well until it gets too sun-baked. Lemme know...
2GENAE likes this.

Hangin' in Franklin Indiana. Indiana's best kept secret. It's also where 31, 44, 65, 144 and 135 all lead. Ok, 135 is a bit of a stretch but, you get the idea. Currently home to a 2009 FJR, 1980 XS850 Special, 1982 400 Maxim and a 1983 XJ750 Maxim.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 07:36 AM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelatorre204 View Post
I had the same issue and called cardo support. They dropped the name customization so now you no longer will hear the unit say "Alberto's PTB", or whatever you had programmed yours to. They also have done a pretty poor job of documenting how to share audio while using mesh.
I just updated my Cardo Pack Talk Bold JBL from 5.2 to 5.6, mine still says my nickname and what all is linked to it when I first turn it on??? I have not used the mesh yet will post up after we meet up and try it.
N4HHE likes this.

1986 FJ 1200
2008 FJR 1300AE
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-03-2020, 03:03 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2GENAE View Post
I just updated my Cardo Pack Talk Bold JBL from 5.2 to 5.6, mine still says my nickname and what all is linked to it when I first turn it on??? I have not used the mesh yet will post up after we meet up and try it.
Mine too. But apparently one can no longer set the ID spoken on boot. So if you do a factory reset it will be gone forever.
2GENAE likes this.

2018 F-150 XLT SuperCab 4x4 2.7L
2016 FJR1300A
2016 Beta 430 RS
2016 Subaru Outback
2013 Tesla Model S 85
2009 Husaberg FE450
1983 Porsche 928S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page