t-rex bars..arrival installing - Page 4 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-25-2020, 10:52 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dravnx View Post
Yeah, getting the bolts out of the pax foot pegs can be a chore. I had to drill out one of them and I take things apart for a living. (I also get to put them together again)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
Yep, I think those are in there with red loctite.... heat, tap, use an impact driver to loosen them. And those threads are easily stripped.

Wow! When I did mine not long ago (an '07), I had no issues loosening them. Just a 1/2" drive wrench- not even a breaker bar.

2007 FJR 1300AE ("Cerulean Silver") - 2003 V-Strom ("Pearl Orpiment Yellow")
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-25-2020, 07:10 PM
Farkle Trainee

Apologies in advance, because this post is totally off-topic. Versatek6 - your signature says one of your bikes is a "2003 V-Strom ("Pearl Orpiment Yellow")". Can you post of photo of that bike Ö I have no idea what colour "Orpiment Yellow" is, or looks like.

Now back to our regular programming ...

Sete
2018 FJR13ESJ
We've got them right where they want us
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 12:52 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
That's the "real" name of the original 2002-2003 yellow. It's peeking over the edge of the bag in my avatar. There are a couple more photos in my Garage. Photos don't look as nice as the real thing, because you miss the pearlescent lustre of the finish.

WIKIPEDIA: "Orpiment is a deep-colored, orange-yellow arsenic sulfide mineral with formula As2S3. It is found in volcanic fumaroles, low-temperature hydrothermal veins, and hot springs and is formed both by sublimation and as a byproduct of the decay of another arsenic mineral, realgar. Orpiment takes its name from the Latin auripigmentum (aurum, "gold" + pigmentum, "pigment") because of its deep-yellow color."

I think one of the worst jobs one could have would be naming colors.

2007 FJR 1300AE ("Cerulean Silver") - 2003 V-Strom ("Pearl Orpiment Yellow")

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-26-2020, 06:11 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Not promoting anything here but... I did youtube T-Rex on FJR1300. 2014 model. I tried to be real clear on needed tools
tricks to get the LHS and RHS plates slipped in , explained the spacers in the kit.
Google:
installing t-rex racing fjr1300 yamaha cage sliders - YouTube

Thats me. Since I am not selling anything my videos are short and to the point. I will not waste your time.
Thanks all, sorry if posting this was not appropriate.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page