2015 FJR A Left front ABS sensor wire support - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By RaYzerman
  • 1 Post By -V1
  • 1 Post By -V1

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
-V1
Training wheels fitted!

2015 FJR A Left front ABS sensor wire support

The ABS sensor wire mounted to the left front wheel is not supported. Off the ABS sensor the wire dangles in the wind. It has a rubber grommet around the wire like it should be mounted into a support bracket on the left fork? This cannot be correct.

I bought this bike a few weeks ago with 8000 miles and change. Never owned a FJR before so not sure how this ABS sensor wire should be mounted near the left front brake caliper. Axle bolt was barely finger tight, 2 pinch bolts were not even finger tight. Yeah, that style of monkey tracks.

Can someone please snap a picture of their bike(2013-2015) so I can see how this wire should be mounted? Or maybe be kind enough to point out what part I need to order on a parts diagram? I've looked on Partszilla's diagrams for ideas but not finding it.

Thank you.

2015 FJR1300 A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 11:35 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

It should be really obvious, unless you are missing the front reflector and bracket. The bracket has a clip for the hose grommet and a wire loop at the bottom.

kukablack likes this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:29 AM
Trainee Sport Tourer

The previous owner of my '13 tossed both front reflectors and the ABS wire is held with a zip tie around the fork. Yamaha are silly and list reflectors under "ELECTRICAL 2" section and I think just that bracket was like $29.

2013 Stone Grey

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
-V1
Training wheels fitted!

Many many thanks! I appreciate the heads up where I can find the reflectors as well.

Yupper, my reflectors are MIA. Guess the prior owner would rather have the wire hanging than the reflectors? Who knows.

I love buying used motorized vehicles...
Bill Lumberg likes this.

2015 FJR1300 A
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Well, you could make up a wee something bracket to mount on the lower caliper bolt and zip tie the wire to that.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
-V1
Training wheels fitted!

I thought about doing that but decided to bring this part of the bike back to the factory setup. It's my type A personality.

Installed new tires, adjusted suspension settings, pulled driveshaft to grease universal splines, changed rear diff fluid, changed oil/filter, installed a Motorad MV handlebar riser, hardwired GPS, new battery as suggested here solved this bike's cold start issue, synched throttle bodies, cleaned air filter and removed exhaust air charging circuit.

I'm getting there. Nice rainy day projects.
RaYzerman likes this.

2015 FJR1300 A
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -V1 View Post
I thought about doing that but decided to bring this part of the bike back to the factory setup. It's my type A personality.

Installed new tires, adjusted suspension settings, pulled driveshaft to grease universal splines, changed rear diff fluid, changed oil/filter, installed a Motorad MV handlebar riser, hardwired GPS, new battery as suggested here solved this bike's cold start issue, synched throttle bodies, cleaned air filter and removed exhaust air charging circuit.

I'm getting there. Nice rainy day projects.
Indeed they are, you've been busy. But I always ask- did you pull the universal joint to lube the splines on the forward end?

http://www.fjr-tips.org/maint/ujoint/uj.html

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 02:00 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblestrip View Post
The previous owner of my '13 tossed both front reflectors and the ABS wire is held with a zip tie around the fork. Yamaha are silly and list reflectors under "ELECTRICAL 2" section and I think just that bracket was like $29.

I thought about doing that the first time I pulled the front wheel for a tire change - that is, until I looked at the left side side and the ABS sensor.

Time spent looking at motorcycles, even Harleys, is never wasted.

2013 FJR1300A
1984 GPz750
Series III fairing removal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 08:15 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
I thought about doing that the first time I pulled the front wheel for a tire change - that is, until I looked at the left side side and the ABS sensor.
Yoose Gen3 guys must have it tough. I removed the front reflectors by unscrewing them from the brackets. Are yours glued on or what?

Russ
2007A

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old Today, 04:56 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
Yoose Gen3 guys must have it tough. I removed the front reflectors by unscrewing them from the brackets. Are yours glued on or what?
Russ Russ Russ..... did you not read post 1 and 3 ?? .... missing said barcket and / or reflector unit.... after 51 years I still find it's still difficult to unbolt what is not there

2013 Stone Grey

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in