Centerstand deployment - Page 8 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 96Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 11:33 AM
Farkle Trainee

I used to keep a tapered up to a flat maybe 8" long piece of 2x4 in the trunk of my ST 1300 to help get it up on the stand if I was out on the road.

SW Ohio
2018 Yamaha FJR 1300A
2014 Honda CB1100 DLX

It doesn't matter what I ride, where I ride, or how far I ride... it only matters THAT I ride...every day. "Ferret"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 08:04 PM
Farkle Trainee

This pre-made version is a bit pricey, buy people with decent fabrication skills could make one like this. No more need to take up storage space with your woody.

https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2013-20...p/n69-13cs.htm
smokamoto likes this.

'14 FJR1300ES
post #73 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 08:48 PM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
WOW, been away for the last 10 days. I guess I'll have to add centerstand lifting threads to watch for along with the normal oil, filter, coolant, and tire pressure threads. Enjoyed reading this thread and all the input. 8 pages in just 7 days, wow!

So, I saw no one has done what I've done, even barefoot, wanna work on the left side, throw it over on the right side. Wanna work on the tires, flip it over onto the handlebars and seat! Come on people, it's just a big Schwinn stingray! I mean come on..... LOL

Truthfully, from side stand to center stand, as mentioned earlier, upright it, using right foot push down until both center stand contacts squarely down, Neutral, lift from the grab handle with right hand, and left hand on the handlebar to stabilize. At the same time, lift with right hand and push down with right foot. And... ... I have many times done this bare-foot.
bounce likes this.

- Jim,
AMA Life and MSTA member
2014 GenIII ES
2002 VTX1800c

post #74 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 09:44 PM
Farkle Trainee

Barefoot? Can't imagine.
post #75 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 09:51 PM
FJR Top Gun

Garage
Yea, and I can't walk on asphalt barefoot without pain. Yea, raising the FJR on the center stand is all technique and smooth motion, if it is not easy, then open one's mind and readjust how one is performing it.

- Jim,
AMA Life and MSTA member
2014 GenIII ES
2002 VTX1800c
post #76 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 10:34 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Good one Neal, have never seen one before... I see they have an adjustable side stand too. Considering what centerstands cost, I think it's reasonable.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
post #77 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-15-2019, 11:39 PM
Training wheels fitted!

Have had issues with my 2009, here is what I did: Get a piece of pipe that fits over the pedal end of the centerstand. 1.5"I.D. X 12"
Slide that over the pedal and it will go down the arm about 4 inches and stop there because of the curve.
It is very secure on the pedal and arm. Now just step down on the pipe and the increased leverage will work like a cheater bar and
the bike will go up easily. Once the bike is up the pipe simply slips back off. No modifications to the centerstand required.
passx likes this.
post #78 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 03:30 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvin View Post
Have had issues with my 2009, here is what I did: Get a piece of pipe that fits over the pedal end of the centerstand. 1.5"I.D. X 12"
Slide that over the pedal and it will go down the arm about 4 inches and stop there because of the curve.
It is very secure on the pedal and arm. Now just step down on the pipe and the increased leverage will work like a cheater bar and
the bike will go up easily. Once the bike is up the pipe simply slips back off. No modifications to the centerstand required.
The pipe is probably more comfortable under your right foot than the centerstand pedal but there is no logic to your "increased leverage" theory.
bounce likes this.

Yes, it's okay to live your life like there's no tomorrow, just don't Fµ©Ķ mine up while your doing it.

2019 FJR1300-ES
1984 GPZ 750 Turbo
post #79 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 05:32 AM
FJR Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkJacket View Post
The pipe is probably more comfortable under your right foot than the centerstand pedal but there is no logic to your "increased leverage" theory.
I had a friend who did that with his Burgman. It's simply a longer lever. It looked clumsy to me, but it worked for him.

Just keepin' up with traffic, Officer.

'13 FJR1300
'99 ZRX1100
post #80 of 99 (permalink) Old 11-16-2019, 10:08 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

A longer tab maybe but without a fulcrum, it's not a lever.

Ridden wet. Put up hard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page