F2 LED headlight bulb install. - Page 3 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 02:09 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHH View Post
Just ordered a set for my 07.
I suppose you are referring to having the CREE pointing upward on low beam so the reflector projects the low beam pattern down. The pictures online don't show if there are CREE's on both sides I would have to believe that there are CREE's on both sides 180 Deg. apart from each other.
They have chips on both sides. There is better pictures on Amazon but this price is a lot less, like Ray posted WOW and good find.. I just made a offer for $27.00 will see what the vendor comes back at . I have several Cree chipped Ultra Fire 3.7 volt flash lights that are 5 years old that still work great.

1986 FJ 1200
2008 FJR 1300AE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 04:08 PM
JHH
Training wheels fitted!

Garage
They took my offer of $30.00
2GENAE likes this.
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 07:23 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHH View Post
They took my offer of $30.00
They are all gone now, oh well I missed out on that one.

I purchased these for the wifes KIA several weeks ago, they are AWESOME vs stock.... so will see how long it lasts,

it will fit our FJR but I was looking for a Cree LED in the $30.00 price range, trying to save some coin.

I have had such good service from Cree LEDS in flashlights I trust them. I have large hands ( with arthritis in cooler weather) so only want to install these LED in my 2008 Gen II ONE time, as most comment one side is tuff need small hands.

1986 FJ 1200
2008 FJR 1300AE

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 07:56 PM
red
FJR Top Gun

F2 LED headlight bulb install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy2767 View Post
I ordered these from Aliexpress about 5-6 weeks ago and they finally arrived today!
SY2767,

Sorry if this is a DNG question, for those lights: It looks like the beam pattern cuts off on the right side, as if made for everybody driving on the left side of the road. Seems like the "beam pattern" should cut off on the left side, for USA driving. Can the pattern of cutoff be reversed somehow? Maybe by reversing and/or inverting the bulbs?

This may be why the oncoming drivers are complaining, but I'm just guessing, there.

Cheers,
Red
2008 FJR1300A
- Pirelli Angel GT (Spec A) tires, RDL seat, TPMS, GPS digital speedometer (Amazon ~US$28.00).
P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 08:58 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Garage
Curious to hear from you guys that have LEDs how you like the real world night time performance? Do they actually put out more light or does it just seem that way because of the cooler light color? With 2 diodes at 180 degrees you don't get the 360 degree light emission into the reflector like you would with a halogen bulb. I put LEDs in my car when I tore apart the headlight assemblies and upgraded those and they were awful. Low beam projector with LEDs was TERRIBLE, a huge downgrade. Threw light everywhere but forward. The high beam reflector wasn't as bad but I wouldn't say it was an upgrade. I got rid of them and just got the top of the line halogens. Lots of people putting LEDs in their rides these days for the cool blue light look and sacrificing actually being able to see at night. I actually had a pair of top of the line halogens on hand when I got my FJR and put those in it. They look great and work well so I'm happy with them.

2009 FJR1300A
2006 YZF600R (Sold)
2018 Subaru WRX
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-30-2020, 09:54 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

IMHO, the F2 LEDs actually put out more light and are infinitely more adjustable b/c the bulb can be rotated in the holder as well as the normal up/down knobs.
ice_station_zebra and 2GENAE like this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 01:14 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbentnail View Post
IMHO, the F2 LEDs actually put out more light and are infinitely more adjustable b/c the bulb can be rotated in the holder as well as the normal up/down knobs.
The F2 LED headlight bulbs are known in multiple motorcycle forums to provide a substantial light improvement over halogens. I have really enjoyed the better quality output. I ride regularly at night and Isee a wider and farther view than before. And they were under $40 for the set.
Aroxx likes this.

2003 Honda Gold Wing GL1800A (Current), 2005 Yamaha FJR1300A (Former), 1985 Kawasaki GPZ900R Ninja (Former)
ATGATT - My Safety Gear Has Saved Me Twice!
Seattle/Eastside - Pacific Northwest Outdoorsman (Salmon & Shellfish)
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 09:35 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

The "bulb" portion is retained in the housing by a ball in a groove, which is rotatable to any angle. If not a flat beam, you may not have it in the detent for flat......

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 10:09 AM
Farkle Trainee

I was thinking about these F2s but i have the Kisan Pathblazer headlamp modulator and love it. I see they now offer a version for LEDs as opposed to the halogen version i have.
The Kisan flashes the highbeam and If these F2s are as bright as everyone says, it'll blind oncoming drivers. Maybe the led version flashes the low beam ? Ill ask em ?

Kiwi
1974 Yamaha DT175
1976 Suzuki RM250A
1978 Yamaha TT500
1980 Kawasaki KLX250
1984 Honda 650Nighthawk
1998 BMW R1100RT
2013 Yamaha FJR1300A
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-31-2020, 03:26 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwiaudio View Post
I was thinking about these F2s but i have the Kisan Pathblazer headlamp modulator and love it. I see they now offer a version for LEDs as opposed to the halogen version i have.
The Kisan flashes the highbeam and If these F2s are as bright as everyone says, it'll blind oncoming drivers. Maybe the led version flashes the low beam ? Ill ask em ?
If you adjust the F2s reasonably well, running the high beams all the time is fine. I run daytime high beams nearly exclusively- the only time I dim them is when another bike is ahead of me.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page