Lower/higher 2008 FJR Ireland - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Training wheels fitted!

Lower/higher 2008 FJR Ireland

I’ve just purchased a FJR1300A 2008
It’s lowered as the previous owner preferred this height ! I would like it back up to standard - anyone In Ireland that wants to lower their bike ...? We can swap bits over ... not sure if there is a few options haven’t researched it yet ..welcome any input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 10:13 PM
red
FJR Top Gun

Lower/higher 2008 FJR Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Arnold View Post
I’ve just purchased a FJR1300A 2008 It’s lowered as the previous owner preferred this height ! I would like it back up to standard - anyone In Ireland that wants to lower their bike ...? We can swap bits over ... not sure if there is a few options haven’t researched it yet ..welcome any input
Paul,

For the rear, all you need are the stock suspension links, which can come from a Yamaha dealer or maybe eBay. The Previous Owner may still have them, too. It's a job that you can do on the centerstand. Here's how:

https://koubalink.com/FJR1300.html

You can raise the front with wrenches only. Loosen the fork tube clamps slightly, enough to move the tubes downward. Do not allow the fork tubes to push up higher, through the clamps. They should be flush with the top of the steering crown clamp, with no silver tube showing above the clamp, but the clamp must be fully gripping the tube. Most likely, the tubes are about 1~2 cm higher in the clamp, right now. Torque everything back to specs.

Cheers,
Red
2008 FJR1300A
- Pirelli Angel GT (Spec A) tires, RDL seat, TPMS, GPS digital speedometer (US$25.00).

Last edited by red; 07-18-2019 at 10:21 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page