New owner underwhelmed with the FJR brakes - Page 5 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 04:27 PM
Trainee Sport Tourer

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaYzerman View Post
Flushing the ABS prevents ABS gumming up issues in the pump, but will not improve regular braking, new fluid will/should..... fluid circuits are normally bypassing the ABS until ABS is kicked in. Fluid circuits explained on the diagram... yet another shamless plug, LOL.
https://www.fjrowners.com/forums/11-...t-harness.html
Thanks RaY for sharing this!

Candy Red 2014 FJR ES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:38 PM
Farkle Trainee

We're not alone in being non-plused by the brakes: https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...ng-term-review

2012 Gen 2

"The closer you get,
to the meaning,
The sooner you know,
That you're DREAMING"

(HEAVEN AND HE77 - Black Sabbath)
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 11:45 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Gen2 View Post
We're not alone in being non-plused by the brakes: https://www.revzilla.com/common-trea...ng-term-review
Interesting read Blue Gen2

Ive had my gen 1 for 13 years - i came from sports bikes to the FJR and the things i did not like:
1) the brakes needed too much of a pull on the lever (sintered hh pads sorted that)
2) i needed to use the back brake more (you never really use the bake brake that much on sports bikes)
3) the front end feel was vague (this resulted in me get the forks revalved and resprung + replacing the rear shock and + 15mm on the ride height.

All the above changed the bike and it brakes and turns more like a sports bike than a tourer now and i can really get a move on with it, so much so a scare a few sports bikes in the bends.

I still have a R1 but the FJR is my two up R1 at my and my other halfs age. I always thought that i felt that way about the FJR because i came from a racing background on sports bikes so i never really bitched about it. I went about making the bike mine, but it looks like some other people feel the same way, a small amount of magbe but with the FJR's power it means you can overwhelm the standard brakes and suspension if you wish to. But saying all that i still love my FJR even with its few niggles - the build quality, engineering not to mention the get up and go make it a brilliant bike and a keeper.

05 FJR Silver & Blue
19 plate MT10SP / crazy but i love it

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page