Exhaust - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-11-2019, 09:21 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
My exposure to the GYTR’S has been positive and what I was looking for initially before the delkevics came along.. personally I wasn’t looking for anymore power since I own the 2014 red which is already the FASTEST COLOR! 🤔🤔🤔

Mileage seems to unaffected if not a smidge better. More miles seem to help more than anything. Can't wait For warmer weather to go for a ride.
The GYTRs are on Pop's bike, my '15 ES wears the stock pipes and I like it that way. Quiet and stealthy for me.

Pop loves the GYTRs. We bought the '14 from a friend who had been a Yamaha salesman, he had sold me the Awesome '15ES. Those mufflers were on it. Every single time we pass a vehicle Pop's voice in my headset will say, "Son I really wish you could afford a set of these mufflers."

And with all due respect... The Lipstick Pink (or Lace Panty Pink) 2014 is NOT the fastest color.
passx likes this.

Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 12:28 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Below are the short Delk's I got on the cheap. Nice bark when you get on it but with earplugs completely unnoticeable when riding normally down the hwy. I use these ->

on my mp3 earbuds, just like popular squish-the-foam earplugs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161022_123831758_HDR.jpg (276.1 KB, 22 views)

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 07:17 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
The GYTRs are on Pop's bike, my '15 ES wears the stock pipes and I like it that way. Quiet and stealthy for me.
Pop loves the GYTRs
And with all due respect... The Lipstick Pink (or Lace Panty Pink) 2014 is NOT the fastest color.
Red,,, no respect at all that I can see !😁😁😁

I think that your Pop probably wants you to get a set so that he doesn’t have to wait on you so much since he’s on the “fastest color”

On another note,,, how’s he doing since his incident ? Hopefully very good.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 07:29 AM
Farkle Trainee

factory fjr yosh here, just like the gytr, but are badged as fjr,
https://shopyamaha.com/product/detai...-motor-company

16ES
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 09:01 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfish View Post
Well there you have it. You and I finally agree on something. Either you are getting smarter or I am getting dumber. Neither choice seems likely.

For the OP, seriously pick a set you like the looks of. A "Pretty" set. Some are louder than others. Few make any noticeable or measurable improvement.

Now THAT alone was worth reading the thread!

Pick a length in the Delkevics, nice thing about them is you can pop the restrictor out if you want more noise. My bike has exactly 45 second of time on them with the stock cans. I think any aftermarket can with reasonable price is worthwhile. NOT a loud pipe but pleasing note that is not annoying and just enough so that when parallel(read blind spot) to a car in traffic they know you are there regardless of that shiny thing on the left and right door with glass in it.

2015 FJR A
Pile of dirt bikes, mostly KTM's and a few Vintage
Boats n Stuff
What makes your life worth living?
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:04 PM
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
Red,,, no respect at all that I can see !😁😁😁

I think that your Pop probably wants you to get a set so that he doesn’t have to wait on you so much since he’s on the “fastest color”

On another note,,, how’s he doing since his incident ? Hopefully very good.

He is doing fine, thanks for asking. He broke a couple ribs when we went Dual Sporting in the Big Bend area of Texas but he is still playing with his FJR and his Honda 250 Rally.

If I were going to go with aftermarket pipes I think the GYTRs would be atop the list because they are so quiet and stealthy. But I cannot see spending that much money for no measurable gain. Pop does love them though.

Never run out of ideas, traction, and real estate at the same time.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 06:21 PM
Training wheels fitted!

I ran a set of Two Brothers on my 2005 and put over 75,000 miles on them. Never any issues and I think they look good. Just enough rumble to make it sound like a motorcycle and not a sewing machine. The claim is two to four additional horsepower but i couldn't tell any difference. Just put a set on my new to me 2015.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page