High-pitched electronic whine... - Page 4 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Dubya View Post
Reviving an oldie here. Just got a 15A and was setting up the menus in my garage and noticed this sound from the same location. Have you noticed any changes in the sound over the past year? Any issues resulting from it?

Thanks!

Gary
As the OP of the thread and as zx-11 and mortenk indicate, no change in the sound of mine, either...it's just something I've become used to and really don't notice any longer. No functional/performance issues at all with the bike after three riding seasons, in regards to the noise or otherwise.

2016 FJR1300A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 03:41 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I’m betting that it’sthe led headlights cooling fan, I havethe samenoise in my 81 cbx since I upgraded to an LED headlight and spent an hour or so trying to figure out where the “high pitched whine” was coming from,,,,,,, oh yeah I put it there.
rbentnail likes this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Farkle Trainee

Quote:
Originally Posted by passx View Post
I’m betting that it’sthe led headlights cooling fan, I havethe samenoise in my 81 cbx since I upgraded to an LED headlight and spent an hour or so trying to figure out where the “high pitched whine” was coming from,,,,,,, oh yeah I put it there.
Maybe someone with a (non-LED) Gen. 1 or 2 can chime in and comment as to whether or not they hear it...that might put the issue to rest.

2016 FJR1300A

post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-10-2019, 08:23 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
I'm not ashamed to admit I had a moment of WTF after I installed LEDs with fans. Then I said to myself, "Self, you're a dum-bass."
sector7g likes this.

Russ
2007A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 02:27 PM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
Maybe someone with a (non-LED) Gen. 1 or 2 can chime in and comment as to whether or not they hear it...that might put the issue to rest.
Gen 3 was also non-LED headlights until the 2016 model (sometimes called Gen 3.5). If the whirring comes from headlights, even people with early Gen 3 bikes should be able to comment?
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

The “pre” 2016’s had regular h4 headlights, no cooling fans unless you updated to LED’s but all the “3.5’s” 2016 and later came with led lighting oe so the pre 2016’s wouldn’t have a cooling fan or the whine. My 2014 has the initial fuel pump whir that shuts off & then it’s just quiet.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 11:52 AM
Farkle Trainee

Garage
Quote:
The “pre” 2016’s had regular h4 headlights, no cooling fans unless you updated to LED’s but all the “3.5’s” 2016 and later came with led lighting oe so the pre 2016’s wouldn’t have a cooling fan or the whine. My 2014 has the initial fuel pump whir that shuts off & then it’s just quiet.
There you have it: my 2016 has a constant whir when ignition is on. It's weird as headlights don't come on until engine is started though...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page