Which Power commander 2007 FJR? - Page 2 - Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 06:16 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

From what has been posted here, it sounds like better results are had with a Ivanís reflash of your pc now that he does gen 2ís, thatís what I would do.
Redfish and 2GENAE like this.

Steve P
Red 2014A, the fastest color !
Ride more,, worry less !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 07:52 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I would skip the PC thing, the Ivan flash is far superior for similar $$.
Redfish and 2GENAE like this.

Ray
Keep yer stick on the ice....
2014 FJR1300A - Root Beer (sold)
2009 CBF1000A - Sienna Red
1999 VFR800Fi - Pearl Shining Yellow
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 08:35 AM
Farkle Trainee

Slow down there Ivan-eers. His question wasn't wasn't PC vs "whatever", he is asking about the Autotune and O2 sensor replacement.

Plus as he shows from Australia, if he's not already bought the PCV, pretty sure he's not going to want to pull his ECU, then wait and also risk shipping to and fro.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

2013 Stone Grey

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 09:11 AM
Training wheels fitted!

Here's my experience with PC III on my 2006: Installed it in 2009 on my 2006 Gen II and it worked great, it was state of the art at the time, PCV V was not out yet, so I can't give an opinion on that. I raised the idle to 1100 rpm, took the slack out of the cable, unwound the throttle spring and installed the G2 tube, as recommended by forum members. All these steps along with the PC III made a big improvement. You will have to get one specifically for an FJR so the ECM connector is compatible. There are probably some that will come up for sale as Gen II owners are able to get the Ivan's flash which fixes the issues that the PC III addresses. Power Commander has many maps available for download for the PC III and your bike. Plus you can create your own map by plugging in your laptop and adding or subtracting fuel in different rpm and throttle position ranges.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 10:09 AM
High-G FJR Junkie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumblestrip View Post
Slow down there Ivan-eers. His question wasn't wasn't PC vs "whatever", he is asking about the Autotune and O2 sensor replacement.

Plus as he shows from Australia, if he's not already bought the PCV, pretty sure he's not going to want to pull his ECU, then wait and also risk shipping to and fro.
Just providing options to be considered before spending money.... I had an '07 and I know how hard it is to fix the fueling issues. Everything Kelvin says..... the other alternative is to get an ECU from an '08 or '09 and plug it in, except for the Rest of World immobilizer, will need complete set of locks and master red key. None of which will "fix" it totally, but yes it will be better. If I had to spend money though, I'd go Ivan flash. Would have to contact Ivan, as he can do Gen3 immobilizers, need to confirm Gen2.
Redfish likes this.

Ray
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 10:25 AM
Farkle Trainee

I get it, just the question was about the O2 sensor replacement and not "what to buy" options, which in my mind means he already has the PCV and was asking about the Autotune install.

And would agree for the Ivan's flash for Gen 2 if he was stateside and if he didn't already have the PCV.
Do we know if the non US spec FJR's have different ECU ?

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

2013 Stone Grey
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-30-2020, 04:31 PM
High-G FJR Junkie!

I was under the impression he was still trying to decide which PC. Autotune option is more expensive again and I believe the stock O2 sensor gets replaced with Dynojet's. More than likely gonna be more money than the Ivan flash unless he's found a used PC/Autotune.
Rest of World, ie, other than US, have an ignition immobilizer requiring a chip key system, and the key ID is programmed into the ECU. For the Gen2, one would have to ask Ivan if he can do Gen2 immobilizer ECU's. He can do Gen3 because he did mine.

Ray

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha FJR Forum : Yamaha FJR Owners Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page